Can Some Body PLEASE,PLEASE help me.Since my last auto matic update from
Microsoft on 28th Aug 2005,I keep getting a Security warning in the bottom
right hand of my Monitor.On Checking on it,it refers to Anti Virus & I have
Nortons Anti Virus With Auto Updates when ever I log onto the internet.
I have run Nortons Anti Virus & my Computer is all clear.
How Can I get rid of this warning.Do I ersae the last Update from Microsoft
or WAHAT CAN I DO to get rid of it.
Thanks.
DS

smithassoc wrote:

> Can Some Body PLEASE,PLEASE help me.Since my last auto matic update from
> Microsoft on 28th Aug 2005,I keep getting a Security warning in the bottom
> right hand of my Monitor.On Checking on it,it refers to Anti Virus & I have
> Nortons Anti Virus With Auto Updates when ever I log onto the internet.
> I have run Nortons Anti Virus & my Computer is all clear.
> How Can I get rid of this warning.Do I ersae the last Update from Microsoft
> or WAHAT CAN I DO to get rid of it.
> Thanks.
> DS

Hi,

Control Panel/Security Center, click on the "Change the Way
Security Center Notifies Me" link in the left pane.

If the "Change the Way Security Center Notifies Me" doesn't stick
when you reboot, or you want to disable the Security Center totally,
you can do the following:

Start/Run --> services.msc

Find "Security Center" in the list, double click on it, set
"Startup type" to Disabled.

Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883792

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: