User Logon Password

a b 8 Security
August 29, 2005 12:05:08 PM

Okay, this is hard to explain but you know if your logged on windows (you can
see your desktop) and you hold the Windows button on your keybord and "L" it
will go to the user logon page? Well I forgot my password, is there anyway to
get passed it? This is very frustrating.

R.S.P.V

~Amanda

More about : user logon password

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 29, 2005 3:13:17 PM

Amanda wrote:
> Okay, this is hard to explain but you know if your logged on windows
> (you can see your desktop) and you hold the Windows button on your
> keybord and "L" it will go to the user logon page? Well I forgot my
> password, is there anyway to get passed it? This is very frustrating.

So - either you never shutdown your system or you have it automatically
logging you on?

Any way "passed" the password concerns rebooting. If you auto-logon - you
can just reboot anyway.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Amanda wrote:
> Okay, this is hard to explain but you know if your logged on windows (you can
> see your desktop) and you hold the Windows button on your keybord and "L" it
> will go to the user logon page? Well I forgot my password, is there anyway to
> get passed it? This is very frustrating.

There is from the Help pages (Search key wors Forget Password).

To access the local user account through a password reset disk
If you made a password reset disk for your local user account through
the Forgotten Password Wizard, you can use it to access the computer,
even if you have forgotten your password.

The following instructions will only work if you are in a domain
environment or on a computer that was once joined to a domain.

For information about accessing the local user account through a
password reset disk in a workgroup environment, click Related Topics.

At the Welcome screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and type your password in
Password. If you have forgotten your password, the Logon Failed dialog
box is displayed.
Click Reset, and put your password reset disk into drive A.
Follow the instructions in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new
password.
Log on with the new password, and then store your password reset disk in
a safe place in case you need it to reset your password in the future.
You do not need to make a new password reset disk.
For overview information about the Forgotten Password Wizard and the
Password Reset Wizard, and for instructions for creating the Password
Reset Disk, click Related Topics.

Note

The Forgotten Password Wizard helps you recover your user account and
personalized computer settings if you forget your password.
Related Topics

Good Luck!
!