Identifying creator of .txt or .DS_Store files

Hi

I recently had someone rumage through my shared computer files witch
were only ment to be shared inside my private network. I forgot to put
up my firewall. The culprit left behind some .DS_Store files and .txt
file. The .DS_Store file is a filetype left behind by mac computers so
i know hes on a mac. And i also know he is on the same LAN as me at
school.

What i was wondering is: Is it possible to find the name of the
computer that made these files? Or anything at all that would help me
identify the culprit?

Ive used FileList to find the owner of the files but it only shows up
as "Guest".

Any help would be appreciated =)

--
Nico

Guest is right , as they were a guest on your machines...
Hmmmm I would keep a packsniffer running and wait to see if they connect
again...

Making your box a hunny POT.
Then you could find the person whom doing the dirt... or go breaking down
doors and look for that dirty MAC user.