Catalyst 5.8 problem with MOHAA

When I install the 5.8 drivers, Medal of Honor crashes back to desktop.
Anybody else have this problem? I went back to the 5.6 release and
everything is fine.

abc

"KCB" <kcbaird@comcast.net> wrote in message
> When I install the 5.8 drivers, Medal of Honor crashes back to desktop.
> Anybody else have this problem? I went back to the 5.6 release and
> everything is fine.

I know the feeling (not with MOHAA). I usually just stick with drivers that
are working, till there is a problem.

peter

"abc" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:4322eb44$0$14480$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...

> "KCB" <kcbaird@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > When I install the 5.8 drivers, Medal of Honor crashes back to desktop.
> > Anybody else have this problem? I went back to the 5.6 release and
> > everything is fine.
> >

> I know the feeling (not with MOHAA). I usually just stick with drivers that
> are working, till there is a problem.

Issue #497,623 in ATI's bug tracking system.

abc

"Peter" <nospamplease@rsii.net> wrote in message
> "abc" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>>
>> "KCB" <kcbaird@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > When I install the 5.8 drivers, Medal of Honor crashes back to desktop.
>> > Anybody else have this problem? I went back to the 5.6 release and
>> > everything is fine.
>> >

>> I know the feeling (not with MOHAA). I usually just stick with drivers
>> that
>> are working, till there is a problem.
>
> Issue #497,623 in ATI's bug tracking system.

How do you get to the bugtracking system? Had a look around the support area
but the ID doesn't seem to be recognised, can't find it with a search
either. I get too many results to display or no results found, depending on
search type.
Tried a plain search for "Medal of honor" and only recieved 3 results, none
related to the OPs problem.

Also I have an Hightech Information Sytems Radeon 9800 pro, and when I try
to select it from the list of products, the name is too long to be displayed
in the product field they have provided, so I don't know which Hightech
Excalibur Radeon card I am selecting. I also wonder what the difference is
between the Radeon 9800 Pro, and the Radeon 9800 PRO, and the other Radeon
9800 PRO listed.

Obviously well thought out page design, and some of the searches I tried
doesn't fill me with confidence, or desire to use the site again....
;-)

#497,623, meaning there are always multitudes of problems with ATI drivers,
not an actual issue number = )

"KCB" <kcbaird@comcast.net> wrote in message
> When I install the 5.8 drivers, Medal of Honor crashes back to desktop.
> Anybody else have this problem? I went back to the 5.6 release and
> everything is fine.

I'm running all MOH games right now with no problems, and still play MOHAA
almost every night, on 5.8

abc

"KCB" <kcbairdREMOVE@THIScomcast.net> wrote in message
<snip>

>> Obviously well thought out page design, and some of the searches I tried
>> doesn't fill me with confidence, or desire to use the site again....
>> ;-)
>
> #497,623, meaning there are always multitudes of problems with ATI
> drivers, not an actual issue number = )

Each topic has a number you see, or an ID that you can look up, but they all
seem to start with the same 3 numbers.