Closed

Virus Protection Off?

August 29, 2005 6:13:04 PM

In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I can't
seem to find an on button or anything.

More about : virus protection

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 8:24:46 PM

Cinthia wrote:
> In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
> although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I
> can't seem to find an on button or anything.

You did not mention which Antivirus product you have installed..
Microsoft doesn't have (publically) an Antivirus software at this time.

You can turn it on according to the instructions of whatever antivirus
application you use.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: "Cinthia" <Cinthia@discussions.microsoft.com>

| In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
| although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I can't
| seem to find an on button or anything.

Prove it is and not a Security Center error.

Download the EICAR test files.

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Quote:

In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I can't
seem to find an on button or anything.

July 29, 2011 12:38:06 AM

Cattie start a new thread i'm closing this one it is 6 years old.

Thanks,

July 29, 2011 12:39:21 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!