Closed

Virus Protection Off?

In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I can't
seem to find an on button or anything.
5 answers Last reply
More about virus protection

    Cinthia wrote:
    > In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
    > although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I
    > can't seem to find an on button or anything.

    You did not mention which Antivirus product you have installed..
    Microsoft doesn't have (publically) an Antivirus software at this time.

    You can turn it on according to the instructions of whatever antivirus
    application you use.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    From: "Cinthia" <Cinthia@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
    | although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I can't
    | seem to find an on button or anything.

    Prove it is and not a Security Center error.

    Download the EICAR test files.

    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    In my Windows Security Center it says that my virus protection is off,
    although I did not turn it off. How can I turn it back on because I can't
    seem to find an on button or anything.
  4. Cattie start a new thread i'm closing this one it is 6 years old.

    Thanks,

  5. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Virus Windows Security Windows XP