Is the performance of a 9600XT to same as that of an 9600 ..

Hello,

I've been looking for a capture card and it seem the All-in-Wonder is my
best option, but I've currently got a 9600XT 256MB and I see ATI only sells
a 9600 All-in-Wonder 128.

Is the performance of a 9600XT 256mb similar to that of a 9600
All-in-Wonder? What would I be loosing (if anything) in terms of gaming
performance by upgrading to the 9600 All-in-Wonder 128. The games I play
the most are Unreal Tournament 2004 and Need for Speed Underground 2.

Thanks,

Jeff

The 9600XT has a 500mhz GPU with overclocking built-in,
so it can go a little past 500mhz on its own.
My 9600 Pro GPU runs at 400mhz. (mine is an 9600 Pro AIW)
The regular 9600s GPU runs at 325mhz (?)
So unless the All in Wonders you buy says Pro or XT
I would guess it has a 325mhz GPU.

JMI wrote:

" Is the performance of a 9600XT 256mb similar to that of a 9600
All-in-Wonder? What would I be loosing (if anything) in terms of gaming
performance by upgrading to the 9600 All-in-Wonder 128. The games I
play the most are Unreal Tournament 2004 and Need for Speed Underground
2. "

This comparison includes the 9600 and 9600XT.
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

JMI wrote:
> I've been looking for a capture card and it seem the All-in-Wonder is
> my best option, but I've currently got a 9600XT 256MB and I see ATI
> only sells a 9600 All-in-Wonder 128.

Ati also has a 9800AIW or x800AIW...

--
Grtz,