Whats a good intel Cpu cooler

any one know?

cools real well and is easy to install... not to loud is what i am
looking for

possbily something on newegg

any help would be great

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I'm currently using a Coolermaster Hyper48 on my P4 3.0E @ 3.3. With the fan
running at half speed (roughly 1600 rpm) I get an average idle temp of
around 42 C (50 C load). I highly recommend this cooler.

http://tinyurl.com/7rkfy

"Tim2005" <t.s.h@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> any one know?
>
> cools real well and is easy to install... not to loud is what i am
> looking for
>

> possbily something on newegg
>

> any help would be great

"Tim2005" <t.s.h@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> any one know?
>
> cools real well and is easy to install... not to loud is what i am
> looking for
>

> possbily something on newegg
>

> any help would be great

Read the reviews at NewEgg since they're all written by customers and see
which have the best and most. Zalman is a good make. But whether or not it
will fit in your case, only you can tell. Even if you have the best in the
world, if you don't install it correctly, it won't make any difference.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

yea

I did look and read the reviews on newegg but when i got the product
it just wasnt that good as people said it was... and yes i installed
it correctly

this is why i need some help... not trying to be lazy i looked and
read all over on newegg before I bought

Edit

I been looking around more and well im new to this...

what is my Socket

i know i have intel but i see all kinds 478 775 etc

How do i know what i have?

I have a dell xps 3 intel 3.4 how can i find out?

Tim2005 wrote:
> Edit
>

> I been looking around more and well im new to this...
>
> what is my Socket
>
> i know i have intel but i see all kinds 478 775 etc
>

> How do i know what i have?

Using a program like Everest will tell you the package type for the CPU,
either 478 or 775.

> I have a dell xps 3 intel 3.4 how can i find out?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Seeing as you're new at this, as you say, you might need some help
installing a new cooler, depending on what you decide to buy. Some coolers,
like the Coolermaster Hyper48, require you to remove the motherboard in
order to install. This is because coolers such as this are relatively heavy,
and require the installation of a backplate, to provide extra support.

> Edit
>

> I been looking around more and well im new to this...
>
> what is my Socket
>
> i know i have intel but i see all kinds 478 775 etc
>

> How do i know what i have?
>

> I have a dell xps 3 intel 3.4 how can i find out?

If you have a Dell, the stock heat sink / funnel system provides the best
compromise between cooling and noise.

"Tim2005" <t.s.h@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Edit
>

> I been looking around more and well im new to this...
>
> what is my Socket
>
> i know i have intel but i see all kinds 478 775 etc
>

> How do i know what i have?
>

> I have a dell xps 3 intel 3.4 how can i find out?

Bandit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 08:33:15 GMT,
t.s.h@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (Tim2005) wrote:

>Edit
>

>I been looking around more and well im new to this...
>
>what is my Socket
>
>i know i have intel but i see all kinds 478 775 etc
>

>How do i know what i have?
>

>I have a dell xps 3 intel 3.4 how can i find out?

BY looking on the dell web site you have a LGA775

whats that??? LGA775

"If you have a Dell, the stock heat sink / funnel system provides the
best
compromise between cooling and noise."

reason i do not wont whats on my computer now is that its way to huge

It takes up so much space i cant install anything else there is no
room

This is why i need something smaller and better

What are you planning to put in the space currently occupied by the CPU
cooler?

Whatever you find, keep in mind a small cooler tends to use a smaller fan,
which needs to spin fast (and noisy) to generate the same airflow. There's
no "better".

> reason i do not wont whats on my computer now is that its way to huge
> It takes up so much space i cant install anything else there is no
> room
>
> This is why i need something smaller and better

http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=15239&vpn=PHT-7750&manufacture=Nexus%20Technology

A good, compact design: fins "skived" from a solid piece of copper, and a
nice 80 mm fan. Better yet, it does not require M/B removal like some other
coolers. Not cheap, though, at $50.

> If you have a Dell, the stock heat sink / funnel system provides the best
> compromise between cooling and noise.

I agree. I very much like Dell for their chassis design, cooling &
air-ducting.

"Tim2005" <t.s.h@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> whats that??? LGA775

it's the "775 kind" that you talked about before.

"What are you planning to put in the space currently occupied by the
CPU
cooler? "

A very large (well not to large ) cooler for my graphics card.... its
like water cooling about 30 C +... its pretty large and needs space

If i install it now.. it would for sure hit the cpu fans and
everything else

If you look at dells xps systems you can see how its right next to the
pci e slot making little room for upgrades on it..

thats the only reason

thanks for the help... im looking into Zalman cpu coolers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

and also something else
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106043

read just 4-5 reviews about it and most people liked it... only one
said it was very loud.. while everyone else said it wasnt

he had a bad fan or something i guess

Not talking about newegg reviews

> "What are you planning to put in the space currently occupied by the
> CPU
> cooler? "
>

> A very large (well not to large ) cooler for my graphics card.... its
> like water cooling about 30 C +... its pretty large and needs space
>

> If i install it now.. it would for sure hit the cpu fans and
> everything else

That's strange because most video cards face downward away from the CPU.
Hence, your cooling system for video would most likely run into other PCI
slot devices, not toward the CPU. In any event, I agree with the other
posters that a solid copper HS setup for the CPU is the best way to go. I
have a Swiftech MCX4000 CPU cooler and a big ass Zalman Copper video cooler
with the "flower blossom" cooling fins setup. There's no doubt that this
cooler would interfere with my cpu cooler, IF it was facing the opposite
direction. But it's not and I have never seen a vid card that faces the cpu
area. Another relatively inexpensive option would be to get a full tower
ATX style case like Supermicro, if they're still around. Plenty of room in
those.

Ron