User account won't load b/c of a corrupted file or Microso..

I tried to log on to my computer after a few days' absence, and when I
attempted to log in, I got some message that said that my user profile could
not load because of a corrupted file or some Microsoft error. Now I can't
access my saved word-processing documents, or anything else that was saved
under my account. How can I get everything back to normal???

Thanks!
-Kacie
3 answers Last reply
More about user account load corrupted file microso

    Eskimomo,

    See if this sheds some light on the issue :

    "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error
    message when you try to log on to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318011

    You'll need to log on from another User Account. If there aren't any
    other User Accounts, log on as Administrator.

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2005]
    ===============
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten
    ===============

    Eskimomo wrote:

    > I tried to log on to my computer after a few days' absence, and when I
    > attempted to log in, I got some message that said that my user profile could
    > not load because of a corrupted file or some Microsoft error. Now I can't
    > access my saved word-processing documents, or anything else that was saved
    > under my account. How can I get everything back to normal???
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Kacie

    P.S. You can not log on with the Adminstrator account unless you boot to
    Safe Mode. If there is another User Account with Admin privileges, log
    on in normal Windows mode with that account.

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2005]
    ===============
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten
    ===============

    XP Pro:

    At the Welcome Screen, with no users logged on, press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice. You'll get the old Windows 2000 style logon. Enter Administrator and any password you may have set for the built-in Administrator account. If in doubt, leave the password blank.

    XP Home:

    Boot the computer into Safe Mode and you'll see the built-in Administrator account on the Welcome screen.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Eskimomo" <Eskimomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B898D72-E7B9-48F5-A484-8739DD41E186@microsoft.com...
    >I tried to log on to my computer after a few days' absence, and when I
    > attempted to log in, I got some message that said that my user profile could
    > not load because of a corrupted file or some Microsoft error. Now I can't
    > access my saved word-processing documents, or anything else that was saved
    > under my account. How can I get everything back to normal???
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Kacie

Security Microsoft Windows XP