omega 5.8 drivers are out!

right from the author web site....

09/12/05)

Sorry for the delay, had some problems with the soft-mods, but now they
are ready.

These drivers are based on the Cat 5.8 and they include a customized
version of ATI Tray Tools instead of Radlinker. Go to the ATI Radeon
section and take a look at the readme while downloading so you know the
latest changes and additions to this set.

Enjoy!

Important note: Some people have emailed me reporting a "Trojan" in my
drivers, all of them where using AVG Anti Virus, it seems that this AV
is "wrong" again, is reporting what is called a "false-positive", since
during the year I had various similar reports of different types of
virus in my files, all where using AVG (I still don't understand why
people keep using this AV). I can guarantee you guys that there are NO
VIRUSES or TROJANS in my drivers, all drivers are scanned using
Kaspersky and my server is guarded 24/7 with NOD32, so if a virus is
actually there, it will get caught before it reaches your hands.

For those of you interested:
I am currently playing World of Warcraft, if you wish to join me in my
adventures, I am located in the Lightbringer server, I'm the guild
leader of "Sacred Legion" and my characters go by the name of
"Omegadrive" and "Tankmaster".
4 answers Last reply
More about omega drivers

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:13:13 GMT, bob brozewicz
    <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote:

    >right from the author web site....
    >
    >09/12/05)
    >
    >Sorry for the delay, had some problems with the soft-mods, but now they
    >are ready.
    >
    >These drivers are based on the Cat 5.8 and they include a customized
    >version of ATI Tray Tools instead of Radlinker. Go to the ATI Radeon
    >section and take a look at the readme while downloading so you know the
    >latest changes and additions to this set.
    >
    >Enjoy!
    >
    >Important note: Some people have emailed me reporting a "Trojan" in my
    >drivers, all of them where using AVG Anti Virus, it seems that this AV
    >is "wrong" again, is reporting what is called a "false-positive", since
    >during the year I had various similar reports of different types of
    >virus in my files, all where using AVG (I still don't understand why
    >people keep using this AV). I can guarantee you guys that there are NO
    >VIRUSES or TROJANS in my drivers, all drivers are scanned using
    >Kaspersky and my server is guarded 24/7 with NOD32, so if a virus is
    >actually there, it will get caught before it reaches your hands.
    >
    >For those of you interested:
    >I am currently playing World of Warcraft, if you wish to join me in my
    >adventures, I am located in the Lightbringer server, I'm the guild
    >leader of "Sacred Legion" and my characters go by the name of
    >"Omegadrive" and "Tankmaster".

    For what its worth, my AVG gives the Omega files a clean bill of
    health.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:46:24 +0100, Julian Richards <see@sig.co.uk>
    wrote:

    :>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:13:13 GMT, bob brozewicz
    :><brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote:
    :>
    :>>right from the author web site....
    :>>
    :>>09/12/05)
    :>>
[...]

    AVG fixed it pretty quick with new definitions after getting lots of
    reports on the false positives. BTW, it wasn't just the Omega
    installer. I had a few other programs that must have used the same
    installer because they reported the same thing. Firetune for Firefox
    was one I can remember. A day or so later after new definitions from
    AVG they all reported clean again.

    me/2

    I tried to search the www.omegadrivers.net web-site but did not find
    any facility to read more about the Omega drivers or any way to
    download the appropriate drivers and mmc for my Radeon 8500 DV card.
    Could you kindly guide me with the correct address for downloading
    Omega drivers?

    Thanks.

    P. Jayant

    > 09/12/05)
    >
    > Sorry for the delay, had some problems with the soft-mods, but now they
    > are ready.

    I guess I'll pass this time. I installed regular 5.8 on top of the older
    Omegas (driver only install), and the setup runs well enough. With the 5.9
    already around the corner, I won't bother updating to full Omega.

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics