ati catalyst control panel hotkeys fuer multiple monitor u..

hello there,

i have some ati radeon 9250 based card, with dualhead output, one screen
connected to vga and the other one to the dvi.

i have installed the current ati catalyst drivers (with control panel)
on winxp sp2
<http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_25203.exe>

my question is, if there are any hotkeys in the ati software or the ati
graphics driver with which i can switch various windows and apps easily
over to the second display and back again.

i used to do work on some matrox based dualhead setup, and there were
some hotkeys like shift+f11 or something that could switch the current
active window over to the other display, and so on.

are there functions like these in the ati drivers too? where can i
configure this?

thanks already for any hints.

--
usenet only

Do you have Hydravision installed?

"Sarah Shorton" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> hello there,
>
> i have some ati radeon 9250 based card, with dualhead output, one screen
> connected to vga and the other one to the dvi.
>
> i have installed the current ati catalyst drivers (with control panel)
> on winxp sp2
> <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_25203.exe>
>
> my question is, if there are any hotkeys in the ati software or the ati
> graphics driver with which i can switch various windows and apps easily
> over to the second display and back again.
>
> i used to do work on some matrox based dualhead setup, and there were
> some hotkeys like shift+f11 or something that could switch the current
> active window over to the other display, and so on.
>
> are there functions like these in the ati drivers too? where can i
> configure this?
>
> thanks already for any hints.
>
> --
> usenet only

http://www.ati.com/products/hydravision/index.html

Hydravision is ATi's dualhead utility. It does functions like switching
desktops with hotkeys and defining where pop-up windows go. Hydravision does
not require .NET; you are perhaps confusing it with the fruity-looking
Catalyst Control Center.

The standard Catalyst driver package doesn't include it, because at 10 MB,
it would have increased the driver download size by 50%.

"Sarah Shorton" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> hello there,
>
> i have some ati radeon 9250 based card, with dualhead output, one screen
> connected to vga and the other one to the dvi.
>
> i have installed the current ati catalyst drivers (with control panel)
> on winxp sp2
> <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_25203.exe>
>
> my question is, if there are any hotkeys in the ati software or the ati
> graphics driver with which i can switch various windows and apps easily
> over to the second display and back again.
>
> i used to do work on some matrox based dualhead setup, and there were
> some hotkeys like shift+f11 or something that could switch the current
> active window over to the other display, and so on.
>
> are there functions like these in the ati drivers too? where can i
> configure this?
>
> thanks already for any hints.
>
> --
> usenet only

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:52:46 +0200, Sarah Shorton
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>hello there,
>
>i have some ati radeon 9250 based card, with dualhead output, one screen
>connected to vga and the other one to the dvi.
>
>i have installed the current ati catalyst drivers (with control panel)
>on winxp sp2
><http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_25203.exe>
>
>my question is, if there are any hotkeys in the ati software or the ati
>graphics driver with which i can switch various windows and apps easily
>over to the second display and back again.
>
>i used to do work on some matrox based dualhead setup, and there were
>some hotkeys like shift+f11 or something that could switch the current
>active window over to the other display, and so on.
>
>are there functions like these in the ati drivers too? where can i
>configure this?
>
>thanks already for any hints.

The only hotkey functionality ATI provides is for screen rotation.

First of One wrote:
> Do you have Hydravision installed?

what is hydravision?

like i said, i have only the ati catalyst drivers (the one with the
control panel) installed.

would this other more sophisticated .net-based driver help with
hotkeys/functions to switch windows between the two displays?

or what about hydravision. never heard of it. im kinda new to ati-land.

thanks.

First of One wrote:
> http://www.ati.com/products/hydravision/index.html
> Hydravision is ATi's dualhead utility. It does functions like switching
> desktops with hotkeys and defining where pop-up windows go. Hydravision does
> not require .NET; you are perhaps confusing it with the fruity-looking
> Catalyst Control Center.

many thanks, will give it a try. sounds like the stuff i was been
looking for.

thanks again.