No ATI tabs in Control Panel (X300 on Dell Inspiron)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 16, 2005 3:02:37 PM

I've searched via Google and on Dell's web site, but no joy. I'm
running a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the Radeon Mobility X300. When I
first got the machine, I recall being able to go to Control Panel ->
Displays -> Settings -> Advanced and the resulting window had a number
of ATI-specific tabs. Most importantly were the tabs letting me
customize my dual-display configuration.

I was plugged into a projector yesterday and when I got back to my
desk, I needed to change back to the same setup I'd had before... and
now there are no ATI tabs in there.

I've uninstalled the ATI-related items via Control Panel and
re-downloaded and installed the driver from Dell's site. I've also
tried the Catalyst install from the ATI site, but that gave me a "no
video driver found" error.

Any suggestions on how I can get my ATI control panel stuff put back
together so I can customize the configurations, hot-keys, etc?

Thanks,

JD
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 9:13:53 PM

JD wrote:
> I've searched via Google and on Dell's web site, but no joy. I'm
> running a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the Radeon Mobility X300. When I
> first got the machine, I recall being able to go to Control Panel ->
> Displays -> Settings -> Advanced and the resulting window had a number
> of ATI-specific tabs. Most importantly were the tabs letting me
> customize my dual-display configuration.
>
> I was plugged into a projector yesterday and when I got back to my
> desk, I needed to change back to the same setup I'd had before... and
> now there are no ATI tabs in there.
>
> I've uninstalled the ATI-related items via Control Panel and
> re-downloaded and installed the driver from Dell's site. I've also
> tried the Catalyst install from the ATI site, but that gave me a "no
> video driver found" error.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can get my ATI control panel stuff put back
> together so I can customize the configurations, hot-keys, etc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD

Check your hardware acceleration slider on the Troubleshoot tab.
September 19, 2005 1:22:06 PM

Not sure what settings I'm checking for, but the acceleration is on
Full and the Write Combining checkbox is checked. Those must be the
defaults with a new WinXP install, as I know I've never changed
anything there.

Thanks.... any other ideas on why those would disappear?
!