No ATI tabs in Control Panel (X300 on Dell Inspiron)

I've searched via Google and on Dell's web site, but no joy. I'm
running a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the Radeon Mobility X300. When I
first got the machine, I recall being able to go to Control Panel ->
Displays -> Settings -> Advanced and the resulting window had a number
of ATI-specific tabs. Most importantly were the tabs letting me
customize my dual-display configuration.

I was plugged into a projector yesterday and when I got back to my
desk, I needed to change back to the same setup I'd had before... and
now there are no ATI tabs in there.

I've uninstalled the ATI-related items via Control Panel and
re-downloaded and installed the driver from Dell's site. I've also
tried the Catalyst install from the ATI site, but that gave me a "no
video driver found" error.

Any suggestions on how I can get my ATI control panel stuff put back
together so I can customize the configurations, hot-keys, etc?

Thanks,

JD
2 answers Last reply
More about tabs control panel x300 dell inspiron

    JD wrote:
    > I've searched via Google and on Dell's web site, but no joy. I'm
    > running a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the Radeon Mobility X300. When I
    > first got the machine, I recall being able to go to Control Panel ->
    > Displays -> Settings -> Advanced and the resulting window had a number
    > of ATI-specific tabs. Most importantly were the tabs letting me
    > customize my dual-display configuration.
    >
    > I was plugged into a projector yesterday and when I got back to my
    > desk, I needed to change back to the same setup I'd had before... and
    > now there are no ATI tabs in there.
    >
    > I've uninstalled the ATI-related items via Control Panel and
    > re-downloaded and installed the driver from Dell's site. I've also
    > tried the Catalyst install from the ATI site, but that gave me a "no
    > video driver found" error.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how I can get my ATI control panel stuff put back
    > together so I can customize the configurations, hot-keys, etc?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JD

    Check your hardware acceleration slider on the Troubleshoot tab.

    Not sure what settings I'm checking for, but the acceleration is on
    Full and the Write Combining checkbox is checked. Those must be the
    defaults with a new WinXP install, as I know I've never changed
    anything there.

    Thanks.... any other ideas on why those would disappear?

Radeon Control Panel Dell Inspiron ATI Graphics