Windows Anti Spyware (beta) used with McAfee or other Anti..

August 31, 2005 10:16:01 PM

Are there compatablity problems running the Windows Spyware detection with
other Spyware detection products e.g. McAfee Virus 10 protection ?
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:25:54 AM

You only need one...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Big on XP" wrote:

| Are there compatablity problems running the Windows Spyware detection with
| other Spyware detection products e.g. McAfee Virus 10 protection ?
September 1, 2005 7:19:16 AM

Big on XP wrote:
> Are there compatablity problems running the Windows Spyware detection
> with other Spyware detection products e.g. McAfee Virus 10 protection
> ?

No problems at all.
And you do need more than one.Just have only one running in real time
through.

--
Mike Pawlak
Related resources

How do I configure one and which one to run in real time?

"MAP" wrote:

> Big on XP wrote:
> > Are there compatablity problems running the Windows Spyware detection
> > with other Spyware detection products e.g. McAfee Virus 10 protection
> > ?
>
> No problems at all.
> And you do need more than one.Just have only one running in real time
> through.
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 1:36:11 PM

Big on XP <Big on XP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Are there compatablity problems running the Windows Spyware detection with
>other Spyware detection products e.g. McAfee Virus 10 protection ?

Antivirus and antispyware are really two different things, although
some of the antivirus programs are including more spyware detection
capabilities. So at this time you do need both.

I have not encountered and am not aware of any specific compatibility
issues between McAfee and Microsoft Antispyware.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP