What speed is my memory?

I've got an ATI card that does not have the model number printed on it.
ATI details shows the GPU to be 9600 400mhz.
I'm trying to figure out the speed of the memory?
Printed on the memory chips is Samsung "-TC40"

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/GraphicsMemory/DDRSDRAM/128Mbit/K4D261638F/K4D261638F.htm

peterk

the problem
"tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I've got an ATI card that does not have the model number printed on it.
> ATI details shows the GPU to be 9600 400mhz.
> I'm trying to figure out the speed of the memory?
> Printed on the memory chips is Samsung "-TC40"

I guess there are several ways to find out. One of them is to use "ATITool".
www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

"tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net>

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:15:53 GMT, "tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I've got an ATI card that does not have the model number printed on it.
>ATI details shows the GPU to be 9600 400mhz.
>I'm trying to figure out the speed of the memory?
>Printed on the memory chips is Samsung "-TC40"

AFAIK if you have a 400 MHz GPU, tod, you have a 9600 Pro. Go to
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/, select the 9600 Pro (and up to two
other cards if you want), and click Next. You'll see the 9600 Pro has
a 300 MHz memory clock.

OEMs may vary: in that case, see the manufacturer's site.

Patrick

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

The Pro uses 300mhz memory, my card uses 250mhz.
So maybe I can call my card 9600 Pro Lite

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:31:45 GMT, "tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>The Pro uses 300mhz memory, my card uses 250mhz.
>So maybe I can call my card 9600 Pro Lite
>
>"patrickp" <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:15:53 GMT, "tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I've got an ATI card that does not have the model number printed on it.
>>>ATI details shows the GPU to be 9600 400mhz.
>>>I'm trying to figure out the speed of the memory?
>>>Printed on the memory chips is Samsung "-TC40"
>>>

>> AFAIK if you have a 400 MHz GPU, tod, you have a 9600 Pro. Go to
>> http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/, select the 9600 Pro (and up to two
>> other cards if you want), and click Next. You'll see the 9600 Pro has
>> a 300 MHz memory clock.
>>
>> OEMs may vary: in that case, see the manufacturer's site.
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

Is it an OEM, tod?

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

I got the card off EBay for $41 (including shipping), bare card only.
It's has no model number listing anywhere, so I would guess it's OEM.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:56:43 GMT, "tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I got the card off EBay for $41 (including shipping), bare card only.
>It's has no model number listing anywhere, so I would guess it's OEM.

What does Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Options ->
Details tell you (assuming you're running Catalyst drivers)?

Patrick