Program Control message from Norton won't stop

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Norton Internet Safety pops up this message over and over: "ViewMgr.exe is
attempting to connect to a DNS server" and memu drop down recommends "always
block programs..." because of High Risk. The Path is:
C:\ProgramFiles\Viewpoint\ViewpointMgr.exe.; Protoco is: UDP(Outbound).

When I click OK to always block this program, the same message just comes up
two or three more time, and then again a short time later, and again....I
have set the program control to NOT notify me, but this continues. What's
up? Any Suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated.

Malke

NO_SPAM wrote:

> Norton Internet Safety pops up this message over and over:
> "ViewMgr.exe is attempting to connect to a DNS server" and memu drop
> down recommends "always
> block programs..." because of High Risk. The Path is:
> C:\ProgramFiles\Viewpoint\ViewpointMgr.exe.; Protoco is:
> UDP(Outbound).
>
> When I click OK to always block this program, the same message just
> comes up two or three more time, and then again a short time later,
> and again....I
> have set the program control to NOT notify me, but this continues.
> What's
> up? Any Suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated.

Just uninstall View Manager from Add/Remove Programs. You don't need it
and it is "phoning home".

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Malke: Thanks for your help! I have completed the delete and so far no more
annoying "attempts to connect" messages.