AMD 3800 X2 Dual core good for High Definition Video Encod..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 19, 2005 1:02:08 PM

AMD 3800 X2 Dual core good for High Definition Video Encoding if so
how good ??

Just at the moment HD video is my hobby.

Anyway i have Xp Pro. So i would think that would be good for a dual
core CPU.

But just wondering how much better speed wise would a DUal Core 3800
be over my Barton Mobile at 2.4 ghz be.

If you have any links to websites about HD encoding with the X2 ranage
of cpus please link me baby.

Thanks for any help.

/PS What would you recomend i use WMV HD or Divx HD or other. I would
like to keep the Native resolution which is mostly 1440by1080 in my
Country of Austalia.

Thanks for any info.

/ps2 Does WME or Divx create or any other encoding software use
multithreading and or Dual Cores abilitys ??

Bye.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:22:48 PM

"No One Realy" <1@2.com.au> wrote in message
> But just wondering how much better speed wise would a DUal Core 3800
> be over my Barton Mobile at 2.4 ghz be.

Depends on the encoding application. If it supports dual-core or
hyperthreading, an 100% speed improvement is not out of the question.

> /PS What would you recomend i use WMV HD or Divx HD or other. I would
> like to keep the Native resolution which is mostly 1440by1080 in my
> Country of Austalia.

Not sure about DivX HD, but WMV HD is has "wide" support for hardware
acceleration using DXVA. It is also the format used in HD DVD-ROM release
movies like the Terminator 2 Extreme Edition:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_p...