New Catalyst 5.9 is out

Have just finished downloading at Guru3D and going to install & try out
next.
The download on the ATI download page did not start properly, but all the
Cat 5.9 info is there.

Cheers

Uffe

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:41:44 +0300, "Uffe"
<ustahlNOSPAM@NOSPAMkolumbus.fi> wrote:

>Have just finished downloading at Guru3D and going to install & try out
>next.
>The download on the ATI download page did not start properly, but all the
>Cat 5.9 info is there.
>
>Cheers
>
>Uffe

Cheeky sods! They want to install some sort of download manager -
this is from the ATI page. Clicked out of it and the download started
anyway.

Good to see they're still doing a Control Panel version, though.

Patrick

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

"Setting Anti-Aliasing to 4x in the Catalyst Control Center no longer
results in a blank window or an error message being displayed when launching
Java plug in"

Looks like there's progress. :)

"Uffe" <ustahlNOSPAM@NOSPAMkolumbus.fi> wrote in message
> Have just finished downloading at Guru3D and going to install & try out
> next. The download on the ATI download page did not start properly, but
> all the Cat 5.9 info is there.
>
> Cheers
>
> Uffe

Confirmed.

I was pleasantly surprised that they fixed this at all, let alone so
quickly.

Good job ATI.

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

Uffe wrote:
> Have just finished downloading at Guru3D and going to install & try out
> next.
> The download on the ATI download page did not start properly, but all the
> Cat 5.9 info is there.
>
> Cheers
>
> Uffe

Is gameplay improved?

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:45:51 GMT, patrickp
<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:41:44 +0300, "Uffe"
><ustahlNOSPAM@NOSPAMkolumbus.fi> wrote:
>
>>Have just finished downloading at Guru3D and going to install & try out
>>next.
>>The download on the ATI download page did not start properly, but all the
>>Cat 5.9 info is there.
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Uffe
>>

>Cheeky sods! They want to install some sort of download manager -
>this is from the ATI page. Clicked out of it and the download started
>anyway.
>
>Good to see they're still doing a Control Panel version, though.

I'm having problems with the 5.8 Omega. I think that I'll stick it out
until he has the 5.9, though.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

"Freedom55" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is gameplay improved?

For me at least, yes, slightly. In certain benchmarking tracks of IL2-FB-PF
I get on average 2-3 fps more than with Cat 5.8, image quality brilliant as
ever.
This was at res. 1600x1200 at 4xAA and 4xAF on an X800 Pro flashed to X800
XT PE.

Uffe

I saw the text about a download manager, but for me, using Firefox 1.5beta1,
it never appeared, and I was just presented with the file download as
normal.

SNIP

> Cheeky sods! They want to install some sort of download manager -
> this is from the ATI page. Clicked out of it and the download started
> anyway.
>
> Good to see they're still doing a Control Panel version, though.
>
> Patrick
>
> <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

william

Still using FF 1.07 and the download manager did appear but it was no
biggie...it came in very fast...

"Piers James" <nospam.forme@spamkiller.com> wrote in message
>I saw the text about a download manager, but for me, using Firefox
>1.5beta1, it never appeared, and I was just presented with the file
>download as normal.
>

> SNIP
>
>> Cheeky sods! They want to install some sort of download manager -
>> this is from the ATI page. Clicked out of it and the download started
>> anyway.
>>
>> Good to see they're still doing a Control Panel version, though.
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

Download manager didn't appear with IE6. Could have been hidden by the
popup- and installer-blockers built into SP2. Incidentally the server is in
Toronto, so I maxed out my connection downloading it...