aiw 8500dv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 22, 2005 2:21:49 AM

hi
the mmc associated with the card display only in the tv tuner list
those countries with the ntsc signal is there a way to add those with
different signal types?

--
alipik

More about : aiw 8500dv

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:21:50 AM

I too am a user of ATI's AIW Radeon 8500 DV card under XP and MMC 7.5.
When I click on the TV icon in the MMC, I only get a video-in box which
shows the content of the VCR tape being processed on rhe VCR coonected
by a Composite connection to the radeon card or if a VCR tape is not
being played, the TV channel selected on the VCR.
This has happened after I installed new drivers for XP and installed a
larger HDD. Earlier with ME and a smaller HDD, the TV Tuner was working
fine and I was able to select a TV channel independently of the VCR
with the TV tuner driver of ATI. The initialization Wizard in the
properties of the TV icon, even today, allows me to select the country
(India) which has a PAL-B system.

P. Jayant
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 11:35:19 PM

"alipik" <alipik.1vq9vp@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> hi
> the mmc associated with the card display only in the tv tuner list
> those countries with the ntsc signal is there a way to add those with
> different signal types?
>

> --
> alipik

It's not possible to get the tuner to work with other than NTSC broadcasts
if you have an NTSC version of the card. You could connect a PAL/SECAM VCR
to the composite in however and use that for tuning. Your only other option
is to get rid of the NTSC card and get a universal PAL/SECAM one which will
display the "other" countries on the MMC list.

Paul
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 12:46:51 PM

Uzytkownik "pjayant" <pjayant@sancharnet.in> napisal w wiadomosci
>I too am a user of ATI's AIW Radeon 8500 DV card under XP and MMC 7.5.
> When I click on the TV icon in the MMC, I only get a video-in box which
> shows the content of the VCR tape being processed on rhe VCR coonected

In all versions of ATI driver, in release notes for WDM Integrated Driver
ATI
saye:
TV Player Failed To Initialize Video, running ATI Multimedia Center
Some ATI display drivers will not recognize or function with the software
contained in tv-capture-wdm-4-07-6246v3-5-01-6300.exe. If you experience
problems with your TV or Capture application be sure to install the
recommended ATI Display driver for your ATI graphic card.

If problems continue and you are using the recommended ATI display driver
for your ATI graphic card, follow these steps:

1.. Go to the DEVICE MANAGER.
2.. Double-click the Sound, Video and game controller and ensure all the
ATI WDM components listed below are present and functioning properly. For
the ATI WDM version 4.07 (6246) the component list consists of:
a.. ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec
b.. ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio
c.. ATI WDM Rage Theater Video
d.. ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar
e.. ATI WDM TV Tuner
f.. ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec
For the ATI WDM version 8.17 the component list consists of:
a.. ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec
b.. ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio
c.. ATI WDM Rage Theater Video NSP
d.. ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar
e.. ATI WDM TV Tuner
f.. ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec
Right click and select properties for each ATI WDM component and ensure that
the properties state that This device is working properly. If any device is
not working properly, follow these steps:

1.. Select and remove all of the ATI components shown under Sound, Video
and game controller.
2.. Close the DEVICE MANAGER.
3.. DO NOT restart the system.
4.. Install 5-9_xp-2k_wdm_26409.exe
5.. Restart the system.

Of course yoy must use WDM Driver specific to your ATI Driver.
If tde problem still exist try clean the card with compressed air.
SZ
!