Questions About Licensing

rhugga

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
I've dug around microsoft's website and the license agreement and am still perplexed...

I want to install Windows 7 on my macbook (dual boot config) so I can play misc. games while traveling. I also want to install Windows 7 on my gaming system at home. (currently running vista 64). Is this allowed with a single purchase of Windows 7 Ultimate?

Next question, assuming the answer to my first questions is yes.. Can I also install Windows 7 into a virtual machine running ontop of Mac OS (so I can use are silly corporate web-based applications that only work with IE) and at the same time have the bootable windows 7 partition for when I wanna play games.

I already have a bad taste in my mouth for having to fork out $220 for Windows 7 after I, being loyal, was one of the few people that actually paid for Vista 64 Ultimate. I feel those loyal customers that put up with Vista 64 (and to this day I still have several unresolved problems with very common hardware) should get a significant, if not free, break on the Windows 7 cost. (also considering the upgrade of my mac os was a whopping $29.)

Thx

Solution
Is this allowed with a single purchase of Windows 7 Ultimate?
Yes.

Can I also install Windows 7 into a virtual machine running ontop of Mac OS (so I can use are silly corporate web-based applications that only work with IE) and at the same time have the bootable windows 7 partition for when I wanna play games.
Yes.

was one of the few people that actually paid for Vista 64 Ultimate.
WHY did you get Ultimate in the first place?
Is this allowed with a single purchase of Windows 7 Ultimate?
Yes.

Can I also install Windows 7 into a virtual machine running ontop of Mac OS (so I can use are silly corporate web-based applications that only work with IE) and at the same time have the bootable windows 7 partition for when I wanna play games.
Yes.

was one of the few people that actually paid for Vista 64 Ultimate.
WHY did you get Ultimate in the first place?

Solution