Mac Mini usb option greyed out in bootcamp

I have trying multiple was to get Windows 7 installed on my Mac Min server(Early 2011 (it not running the sever software) with lion 10.7.3. Whenever I start bootcamp It has the USB option to create the windows 7 install using the USB. I have tried using different USB's 4GB to 8GB in size I have formatted them as Fat32with a MBR. left them unformatted gut cannot get bootcamp to cooperate. I decided to see if I could replicate the issue on a different mac and can I don't get the option with my brand new IMAC , MACBook, or my other MAc Mini(Mid 2010). So my question what is the magic needed to get bootcamp to use the USB.
8 answers Last reply
More about mini option greyed bootcamp
  1. I have trying multiple was to get Windows 7 installed on my Mac Min server(Early 2011 (it not running the sever software) with lion 10.7.3. Whenever I start bootcamp It has the USB option to create the windows 7 install using the USB. I have tried using different USB's 4GB to 8GB in size I have formatted them as Fat32with a MBR. left them unformatted gut cannot get bootcamp to cooperate. I decided to see if I could replicate the issue on a different mac and can I don't get the option with my brand new IMAC , MACBook, or my other MAc Mini(Mid 2010). So my question what is the magic needed to get bootcamp to use the USB.
  2. You have to load the Windows drivers from your Mac install disk to get the Apple devices to work properly under Windows.
  3. You have to load the Windows drivers from your Mac install disk to get the Apple devices to work properly under Windows.
  4. You have to load the Windows drivers from your Mac install disk to get the Apple devices to work properly under Windows.
  5. You have to load the Windows drivers from your Mac install disk to get the Apple devices to work properly under Windows.
  6. Sorry for the double post. Site was having issues when I submitted my comment.
  7. Same issue here with a brand new Macbook. I gave up and just used the Win 7 DVD option.
  8. This next topics has been merged by Amdfangirl
    Mac Mini usb option greyed out in bootcamp
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 USB Macintosh Mac OS X