access to resources on wireless network

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

We have 2 computers on a wireless network with both computers running Windows XP Home Edition. The network has been functioning perfectly for over a year. 2 weeks ago one of the computers dropped off the network. Today I reconfigured everything and I can see it again (yeah!!!!0 but now I can't access it. the message I receive it "You might not have permission to use this network resource." I've fought it for as long as I can. Any ideas out there?

Thanks

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

All you gotta do is give it a network id and youre in...make sure theres packets coming through when u get thee id

oh btw thats in right click on my puter and either computer name or network id and get yerself an id!

If thats not it reseed the card and yes you have to push to get it in.

"wandama" wrote:

> We have 2 computers on a wireless network with both computers running Windows XP Home Edition. The network has been functioning perfectly for over a year. 2 weeks ago one of the computers dropped off the network. Today I reconfigured everything and I can see it again (yeah!!!!0 but now I can't access it. the message I receive it "You might not have permission to use this network resource." I've fought it for as long as I can. Any ideas out there?
>
> Thanks
>