All in Wonder 9600 Guide+ recording

Hello to all.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased an AIW 9600 128MB AGP. It was probably
on the store shelf for quite some time because the remote's battery's
were leaking inside the sealed wrap.

After installing the supplied CD software the package seemed somewhat
unstable. I went to the ATI website and began downloading updates.

The system now seems to again be stable. Most everything works well
with one exception; scheduled programing from Guide+. Although the
record icon appears in the program selection box, I get an ilegal
operation error and the program never records.

While I have learned much over the past couple of weeks, I am a rookie
when it comes to this board. I would really appreciate any help or
suggestions at this point. Thanks.

Software installed:

3-02_rw_enu.exe
5-9_xp-2k_ccc_enu_26409.exe
5-9_xp-2k_cp_26409.exe
5-9_xp-2k_dd_26409.exe
5-9_xp-2k_wdm_26409.exe
9-08_mmc_enu.exe
9-08_mmc_uci.exe

"Bill Holoman" <bill_holoman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to all.
>
> About 2 weeks ago I purchased an AIW 9600 128MB AGP. It was probably
> on the store shelf for quite some time because the remote's battery's
> were leaking inside the sealed wrap.
>
> After installing the supplied CD software the package seemed somewhat
> unstable. I went to the ATI website and began downloading updates.
>
> The system now seems to again be stable. Most everything works well
> with one exception; scheduled programing from Guide+. Although the
> record icon appears in the program selection box, I get an ilegal
> operation error and the program never records.
>
> While I have learned much over the past couple of weeks, I am a rookie
> when it comes to this board. I would really appreciate any help or
> suggestions at this point. Thanks.
>
> Software installed:
>
> 3-02_rw_enu.exe
> 5-9_xp-2k_ccc_enu_26409.exe
> 5-9_xp-2k_cp_26409.exe
> 5-9_xp-2k_dd_26409.exe
> 5-9_xp-2k_wdm_26409.exe
> 9-08_mmc_enu.exe
> 9-08_mmc_uci.exe

Using 9.08 here, drivers 6.14 with latest net.

dfi 754 landparty
8x agp
sideband enabled 128aperature
primary monitor 1152x864
secondary 1024x768

The audio recording feature is not very good for radio stuff.

Its got video soap for capture, thats a $300 app if bought.

The card can capture divx 4 also.

It also does dv capture, super vcd, etc...

It is very comparable to my wintv pvr 150 ...happauge card...

I am hooked up to cable for my video input.

never used the guide, happauges uses wintv scheduler...haven't used it
either...the radio station capture is not that good either for the happ...

both cards capture okay for me...have also used numerous nvidia capture
cards, but found the video quality not that great...

my 2 cents

xman

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:02:43 GMT, Bill Holoman
<bill_holoman@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello to all.
>
>About 2 weeks ago I purchased an AIW 9600 128MB AGP. It was probably
>on the store shelf for quite some time because the remote's battery's
>were leaking inside the sealed wrap.
>
>After installing the supplied CD software the package seemed somewhat
>unstable. I went to the ATI website and began downloading updates.
>
>The system now seems to again be stable. Most everything works well
>with one exception; scheduled programing from Guide+. Although the
>record icon appears in the program selection box, I get an ilegal
>operation error and the program never records.
>
>While I have learned much over the past couple of weeks, I am a rookie
>when it comes to this board. I would really appreciate any help or
>suggestions at this point. Thanks.
>
>Software installed:
>
>3-02_rw_enu.exe
>5-9_xp-2k_ccc_enu_26409.exe
>5-9_xp-2k_cp_26409.exe
>5-9_xp-2k_dd_26409.exe
>5-9_xp-2k_wdm_26409.exe
>9-08_mmc_enu.exe
>9-08_mmc_uci.exe

Bill, you would appear to have installed both the Control Panel and
the Control Center:

"5-9_xp-2k_cp_26409.exe
5-9_xp-2k_dd_26409.exe"

You should only have one or the other. If you have Control Centre
installed, you also need M$' .net. I'd recommend Control Panel unless
you have a particular need for the extra utilities and a machine high
spec enough to run it comfortably.

Also, for MMC, you need the DAO/MDAC package.

Patrick

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...