Windows XP Auto Logoff

September 2, 2005 1:27:04 PM

Is there a way to enforce Windows to Logoff Automatically for all users who
use a particular PC? Other than going into everyones individual account and
going to display properties/screensaver. Is there a simple registry edit?
Please send any helpful information my way.

Thank You

More about : windows auto logoff

September 2, 2005 5:00:27 PM

"TPotter" wrote
> Is there a way to enforce Windows to Logoff Automatically for all users
who
> use a particular PC? Other than going into everyones individual account
and
> going to display properties/screensaver. Is there a simple registry edit?
> Please send any helpful information my way.

If you find a way, you might want to think that through
before you implement it. If someone spends a couple
hours editing a spreadsheet and walks away from their
computer and the computer logs them off, what should
be done with the spreadsheet? Lose all changes and
log off? Save all changes and log off? And how is the
operating system suppose to make that decision?

Jordon
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 10:05:32 PM

TPotter wrote:
> Is there a way to enforce Windows to Logoff Automatically for all
> users who use a particular PC? Other than going into everyones
> individual account and going to display properties/screensaver. Is
> there a simple registry edit? Please send any helpful information my
> way.

That's not logging them off anyway - that is locking their account.
(Unless you mean you installed the WinExit screesanver.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

You can try using Screen Pass.

Screen Pass automatically Logout idle workstations after administrator defined idle period has exceeded.

Works under XP and Vista.
March 28, 2011 9:08:45 PM

ActiveExit can log off the inactive users automatically. Besides Windows XP, Vista, 7, it works with ActiveDirectory, Group Policy, RDS server, you name it.

HTH
!