Windows XP Auto Logoff

Is there a way to enforce Windows to Logoff Automatically for all users who
use a particular PC? Other than going into everyones individual account and
going to display properties/screensaver. Is there a simple registry edit?
Please send any helpful information my way.

Thank You
4 answers Last reply
More about windows auto logoff

    "TPotter" wrote
    > Is there a way to enforce Windows to Logoff Automatically for all users
    who
    > use a particular PC? Other than going into everyones individual account
    and
    > going to display properties/screensaver. Is there a simple registry edit?
    > Please send any helpful information my way.

    If you find a way, you might want to think that through
    before you implement it. If someone spends a couple
    hours editing a spreadsheet and walks away from their
    computer and the computer logs them off, what should
    be done with the spreadsheet? Lose all changes and
    log off? Save all changes and log off? And how is the
    operating system suppose to make that decision?

    Jordon

    TPotter wrote:
    > Is there a way to enforce Windows to Logoff Automatically for all
    > users who use a particular PC? Other than going into everyones
    > individual account and going to display properties/screensaver. Is
    > there a simple registry edit? Please send any helpful information my
    > way.

    That's not logging them off anyway - that is locking their account.
    (Unless you mean you installed the WinExit screesanver.)

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Screen Pass automatically Logout idle workstations after administrator defined idle period has exceeded.

    Works under XP and Vista.
  4. ActiveExit can log off the inactive users automatically. Besides Windows XP, Vista, 7, it works with ActiveDirectory, Group Policy, RDS server, you name it.

    HTH

Windows XP