belgar0428

From: "belgar0428" <belgar0428.1usn1t@pcbanter.net>

| I uninstalled the w32 chod virus but the MS Security Center command
| "Change the way SC alerts me" is greyed out and short of reinstalling
| XP (recomemnded by the help desk) has anyone run across this problem
| with solution?
|
| --
| belgar0428

If you had a virus, you didn't "unistall" it. Viruses have no formal installation process.
They just execute and run the process of intent of their payload.

You had to "remove" a virus. the question is.. How ?

Just removing an infected file is often not enogh as the infector makes changes to the OS
and software needs to be used to undo those changes as identified to be made by the
infector.

Considering this is the case and actions of a virus, there are anti virus News Groups
specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

--