Question on create "administrator" password

How can I create the hidden "Administrator" password without logging into the
administrator account through safe mode in windows xp sp2 home that doesn't
have the "group policy" function.

Thanks for reply.

Click Start, Run and enter CMD.EXE and click OK. In the Command Prompt window enter

NET USER Administrator <desired password>

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:97B6C3B5-6E1D-4BEF-A6AB-BC9FA308677C@microsoft.com...
> How can I create the hidden "Administrator" password without logging into the
> administrator account through safe mode in windows xp sp2 home that doesn't
> have the "group policy" function.
>
> Thanks for reply.

Thanks for reply.

Can I change or delete the passsword later? How to do that?

Thanks.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Click Start, Run and enter CMD.EXE and click OK. In the Command Prompt window enter
>
> NET USER Administrator <desired password>

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:97B6C3B5-6E1D-4BEF-A6AB-BC9FA308677C@microsoft.com...
> > How can I create the hidden "Administrator" password without logging into the
> > administrator account through safe mode in windows xp sp2 home that doesn't
> > have the "group policy" function.
> >
> > Thanks for reply.

I can't get it functionable. It said that "administrator is not recognise as
internal or external command..... "
Can i do it by using "Windows® XP Security Console" . How?

Thanks.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Click Start, Run and enter CMD.EXE and click OK. In the Command Prompt window enter
>
> NET USER Administrator <desired password>

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:97B6C3B5-6E1D-4BEF-A6AB-BC9FA308677C@microsoft.com...
> > How can I create the hidden "Administrator" password without logging into the
> > administrator account through safe mode in windows xp sp2 home that doesn't
> > have the "group policy" function.
> >
> > Thanks for reply.

You would use the same command to change it later.

As for your error message, are you running XP Pro or Home? Are you entering the command exactly as shown?

NET USER ADMINISTRATOR <desired password>

Make sure you put in the spaces and spell everything correctly.

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A27821A7-9660-4820-82F4-C79B1E252262@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Can I change or delete the passsword later? How to do that?
>

> Thanks.
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Click Start, Run and enter CMD.EXE and click OK. In the Command Prompt window enter
>>
>> NET USER Administrator <desired password>
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> --------------------------------
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:97B6C3B5-6E1D-4BEF-A6AB-BC9FA308677C@microsoft.com...
>> > How can I create the hidden "Administrator" password without logging into the
>> > administrator account through safe mode in windows xp sp2 home that doesn't
>> > have the "group policy" function.
>> >
>> > Thanks for reply.

Oh, I'm using winxp sp2 HOME edition with the normal logon option which
display the "Welcome" screen. I am using the other administrator account
which i created when installing windows.
*p/s (i had 2 administrator acoount in total, one created by i, the other 1
is the hidden administrator.)
I still can't get it work.

NET USER ADMINISTRATOR <my password>
Is it correct?

Thanks for reply.

An

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> You would use the same command to change it later.
>
> As for your error message, are you running XP Pro or Home? Are you entering the command exactly as shown?
>
> NET USER ADMINISTRATOR <desired password>
>
> Make sure you put in the spaces and spell everything correctly.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A27821A7-9660-4820-82F4-C79B1E252262@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for reply.
> >
> > Can I change or delete the passsword later? How to do that?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Click Start, Run and enter CMD.EXE and click OK. In the Command Prompt window enter
> >>
> >> NET USER Administrator <desired password>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
> >> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> >> http://www.dougknox.com
> >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
> >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
> >> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

The <my password> should be the password you want set on the Administrator account. I've tried the command on both XP Pro and XP Home and it works fine. You will need to run it from an Administrator account.

But, since you're already running the other administrator level account, you can do the following. See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Enable Administrator on the Welcome Screen. This utility will make the Administrator account show up on the Welcome Screen (doesn't do much good in XP Home, since you have to be in Safe Mode to use the built in Administrator account). However, it will also make it show up in Control Panel, User Accounts. As long as you're logged on as an administrator level user, you can change the password from there.