Hi.. new to the group so sorry if this has been addressed.

I recently activated my windows firewall as Norton's now blocks me from
accessing my mail. The firewall seems okay however I have to turn it on
every time I boot up my computer.

Is there a way so that the windows firewalls stays on all the time without
having to re-set it each time.

Thanks
Carolyn

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:OWyNiyMsFHA.912@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Carolyn H. <dabugspam@cogeco.ca> had this to say:

> Hi.. new to the group so sorry if this has been addressed.
>
> I recently activated my windows firewall as Norton's now blocks me
> from accessing my mail. The firewall seems okay however I have to
> turn it on every time I boot up my computer.
>
> Is there a way so that the windows firewalls stays on all the time
> without having to re-set it each time.
>
> Thanks
> Carolyn

It is likely Norton that is turning it off. If possible you can uninstall
that portion of Norton or you can figure out the mail problems and work on
it from there.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Carolyn,
If you are stating that the Norton Firewall blocks your E-Mail, you may can
resolve that issue by entering your Internet Service Provider as a trusted
site under the Networking Tab of that Firewall. I had your same problem
until I did that.
Gene K
"Carolyn H." <dabugspam@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hi.. new to the group so sorry if this has been addressed.
>
> I recently activated my windows firewall as Norton's now blocks me from
> accessing my mail. The firewall seems okay however I have to turn it on
> every time I boot up my computer.
>
> Is there a way so that the windows firewalls stays on all the time without
> having to re-set it each time.
>
> Thanks
> Carolyn

Hi.. I gave that a try.. typed in www.cogeco.ca and pop.cogeco.ca and no