lost my administrative account

Looking for a way to get trough,
wille creating a new account to my daughter, limited.
I wen to my account and check it out my old hotmail e-mail was not in use so
when I reestart my computer, boom! My account doest come.
Im gonna checkk some answears or look forward a new life.
thanks if boath can be to your help

patricia wrote:
> Looking for a way to get trough,
> wille creating a new account to my daughter, limited.
> I wen to my account and check it out my old hotmail e-mail was not in
> use so when I reestart my computer, boom! My account doest come.
> Im gonna checkk some answears or look forward a new life.
> thanks if boath can be to your help

Turn on the light and try typing your message again.. It is coing across
blurry and hard to understand.

I got that you created a new account. I am guessing it was an account for
your daughter. I am also guessing it was a limited account. Now the next
part - I don't quite get.

What does (paraphrasing), ".. went to my account to check it out and my
Hotmail account was not in use (what?!) so I restarted and my account was
gone!" mean? I tried - really. I don't know what is broken here. I don't
know what it is you are missing.

Can you not log into MSN?
Was Outlook Express setup to check your paid Hotmail account?
Is your account missing from the Welcome screen now?
What operating system are you using?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

It sounds like he was running on the built-in Administrator account, and when he created the new account for his daughter, the Administrator account became hidden, as is normal.

If this is the case, at the logon screen, with no users logged on, press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice (XP Pro only) and you'll get the old Windows 2000 style logon. Enter Administrator and any password that you may have for that account. If in doubt, leave the password blank. For XP Home, you must boot the computer into Safe Mode to access the built-in Administrator account.

If this is not your issue, post back with more details.

For tips on creating an effective newsgroup post, please see: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.