admnistrator account access

the keyboard to my computer is not working so i can only access a user
account which has no password and then use the onscreen keyboard. I want to
try and reinstall the drivers but for this I need to access the admnistrator
account. Is there any way of switching user without logging out of the user
account to keep the use of the onscreen keyboard
3 answers Last reply
More about admnistrator account access

    In news:752376C5-0138-4537-866E-94CAE8383142@microsoft.com,
    fgrant <fgrant@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    > the keyboard to my computer is not working so i can only access a user
    > account which has no password and then use the onscreen keyboard. I
    > want to try and reinstall the drivers but for this I need to access
    > the admnistrator account. Is there any way of switching user without
    > logging out of the user account to keep the use of the onscreen
    > keyboard

    Not sure, but wouldn't it be easy enough to get a new keyboard? Even
    temporarily? A plain jane PS2 or USB one - you don't need to do anything
    with drivers for that.

    Try the following. While logged into the limited user account Open the on screen keyboard. Then click Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt. When the command prompt window opens enter

    RUNAS /PROFILE /USER:<username> "mmc devmgmt.msc"

    using the onscreen keyboard. <username> is the name of the account you want to use. You'll be prompted for the password for this account. Hopefully, it will allow for the of the onscreen keyboard in a command prompt window.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "fgrant" <fgrant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:752376C5-0138-4537-866E-94CAE8383142@microsoft.com...
    > the keyboard to my computer is not working so i can only access a user
    > account which has no password and then use the onscreen keyboard. I want to
    > try and reinstall the drivers but for this I need to access the admnistrator
    > account. Is there any way of switching user without logging out of the user
    > account to keep the use of the onscreen keyboard

    * fgrant <fgrant@discussions.microsoft.com>:
    > the keyboard to my computer is not working so i can only access a user
    > account which has no password and then use the onscreen keyboard. I want to
    > try and reinstall the drivers but for this I need to access the admnistrator
    > account. Is there any way of switching user without logging out of the user
    > account to keep the use of the onscreen keyboard

    How about just go get a replacement keyboard. If its a ps2 one you dont
    need anythign special, just turn the computer off and swap out the
    keyboards.

    Jason

Security Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP