My homepage has been highjacked by a site called quicksearch.com. Internet
Properties in control panel still shows msn as my homepage. Anyone know how
to get rid of it? Already ran both NORTON and Adware Filter

In article <112C3666-D687-4C42-A9FF-F4E0128D6B2D@microsoft.com>,
nikinsey@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> My homepage has been highjacked by a site called quicksearch.com. Internet
> Properties in control panel still shows msn as my homepage. Anyone know how
> to get rid of it? Already ran both NORTON and Adware Filter

It's not your HOME PAGE, it's your IE Start up Page - a home page
resides on a server.

Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Then why does Internet Explorer refer to it as Home Page? ;-)

Internet Properties | General tab | Home Page

[[Displays the Internet address for the page that is currently set as your
home (start) page.
The home page is the page you see each time you start Internet Explorer. You
can return to the home page at any time by clicking the Home button on the
toolbar.]]

[[Your home page is the page that appears every time you open Internet
Explorer. ]]
From To change your home page in IE HELP

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.