Need to Remove Spyware and Ad-ware and I don't have the ad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Computer was attacked with Spyware and Ad-ware, User profiles are not
to load but you only get a black screen in windows. I tried to boot up on
safe mode but I only have 1 regular user and Administrator. I don't have the
Administrator passwrod. I also booted with a Xp 1a Cd but when I try to
repair it asks for the Administrator password. How can I remove the spyware
and Ad-ware from computer.

If it is XP Home and you did not set a password then the Administrator
password is blank.

If this doesn't work then Go to
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the boot disk,
this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system

In article <F9751E3B-1A87-400D-9426-DC9CCF35B832@microsoft.com>,
John@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Computer was attacked with Spyware and Ad-ware, User profiles are not
> to load but you only get a black screen in windows. I tried to boot up on
> safe mode but I only have 1 regular user and Administrator. I don't have the
> Administrator passwrod. I also booted with a Xp 1a Cd but when I try to
> repair it asks for the Administrator password. How can I remove the spyware
> and Ad-ware from computer.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

From: "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Computer was attacked with Spyware and Ad-ware, User profiles are not
| to load but you only get a black screen in windows. I tried to boot up on
| safe mode but I only have 1 regular user and Administrator. I don't have the
| Administrator passwrod. I also booted with a Xp 1a Cd but when I try to
| repair it asks for the Administrator password. How can I remove the spyware
| and Ad-ware from computer.

Adware and spyware don't "attack" a coputer. It gets installed becuase of your actions and
your lack of practicing Safe Hex to prevent malware from being installed.

Please download, install and update the following software...

Ad-aware SE v1.06
http://www.lavasoft.de/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
http://security.kolla.de/

After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT