Server 2003 and PCI Dual Head Cards

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

I've spent the last hour or two looking at various video card manufacturer
sites (ATI, Matrox, NVIDIA, etc.) trying to determine if there is a Dual (or
triple or quad) head PCI based card out there that is known to work well on
a machine running Microsoft Server 2003. The information I've found is
confusing.

If anyone has experience in this area, can you share it?

Thanks,

--
Dennis Gallagher
Monroe, WA, USA

note: I've intentionally cross posted in several groups that deal with video
cards.

KJ

Dennis wrote:
> I've spent the last hour or two looking at various video card manufacturer
> sites (ATI, Matrox, NVIDIA, etc.) trying to determine if there is a Dual (or
> triple or quad) head PCI based card out there that is known to work well on
> a machine running Microsoft Server 2003. The information I've found is
> confusing.
>
> If anyone has experience in this area, can you share it?
>
> Thanks,

I successfully ran a Win2003 Server Beta some time ago with a Matrox
Parhelia in dual and triple mode. It was okay - certainly a Beta OS at
the time.

"Dennis" <junk@galron.com> wrote in message
> I've spent the last hour or two looking at various video card
> manufacturer sites (ATI, Matrox, NVIDIA, etc.) trying to determine
> if there is a Dual (or triple or quad) head PCI based card out there
> that is known to work well on a machine running Microsoft Server
> 2003. The information I've found is confusing.
>
> If anyone has experience in this area, can you share it?

Limited experience of the ATi and nVidia based products. However, you'll be
fine with Matrox's stuff. The Parhelia/P650/P750 and Millennium G400/g450
and G550 will all do dual (triple for the Parhelia and P750) head in Windows
XP and Server 2003.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

G450 PCI/AGP dual head card is good with Windows Server 2003. The only trick
is DirectX acceleration options must be enabled first.

Charlie

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Well, after the comments returned here, I've purchased a Matrox G450 PCI
card and I'm going to try it. thanks to all of you for your input.

--
Dennis Gallagher
Monroe, WA, USA