G400 or G400MAX

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

What are some obvious physical differences between the two cards?

Thanks,
Ken

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"intx" <intx@REMOVETHISdespammed.com> wrote in message news:Xns94FDC578B2C4223948230948325@66.185.95.104...
> What are some obvious physical differences between the two cards?

The Max has a heatsink+fan on the GPU, the regular G400
just has a heatsink.

Beyond that, the board layouts are slightly different. See:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=951&p=2

Rick

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

I had a replacement MAX from matrox and it didnt have a fan on the heatsink.
Phoned them and they said it was really a max and I hadnt been sent a
mistake..

Rick