HP PC CTO Phil McKinney Soon Calling it Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
If they stopped choosing puppets (whitman) and incompetent (Leo) CEOs to lead HP, maybe they could hold onto some talent. I thought Mark Hurd was a greedy, arrogant prick, and deserved to fired, but at least he made HP profitable.

2nd executive to announce leaving HP in such a short time is a bad sign. The employees have no confidence in the board, they're the ones that should be leaving.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]time to jump off the sinking ship[/citation]
Eh I wouldn't call HP's PC lineup a sinking ship. The whole... buying Palm to get webOS and then deciding that webOS was crap thing was pretty bad, but McKinney was more than likely not involved in that fiasco.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
If only they'd stop bogging down their PCs with inordinate amounts of crapware that cause a 50% drop in speed they might sell a few more.

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]If only they'd stop bogging down their PCs with inordinate amounts of crapware that cause a 50% drop in speed they might sell a few more.[/citation]

Crapware is how they keep the PCs affordable. It's essentially paid advertising space that brings down the overall cost to the consumer. I'd rather buy a cheaper machine with the same specs and spend an hour cleaning the crap off of it than pay a premium.

well my MSI laptop was affordable and the only crapware it had on it was norton antivirus with a 30 day sub, trial of MS works, and some crappy printing software. theres no way they can keep using that excuse

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
HP is one of the oldest companies to work in the electronics business. It'd be a shame if it files for bankruptcy. And, looking at the 2010 Revenue, that won't be happening any time soon. Also, they may use these guys as consultants.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The amount of bashing the number 1 desktop PC maker is just ridiculous.

Most folks don't have the skills to build their own PC, and even if they did if something doesn't work they'd be stuck after spending hundreds of dollars with a useless brick.

I agree that HP should offer the option for a bit more cash to delete all the crap ware...people would pay the extra . I would.

HP and other OEMs are useful because they offer a one stop warranty, which happens to be darn good on the HP! Problems send it back post paid, for a few bucks more they will send a tech out to repair the unit.

HP has a very good PC product they just have to now focus on this.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]The amount of bashing the number 1 desktop PC maker is just ridiculous.Most folks don't have the skills to build their own PC, and even if they did if something doesn't work they'd be stuck after spending hundreds of dollars with a useless brick. I agree that HP should offer the option for a bit more cash to delete all the crap ware...people would pay the extra . I would.HP and other OEMs are useful because they offer a one stop warranty, which happens to be darn good on the HP! Problems send it back post paid, for a few bucks more they will send a tech out to repair the unit. HP has a very good PC product they just have to now focus on this.[/citation]

i dont know about a useless brick to be honest when you buy parts to build a computer they still have valid manufacturer's warranty.. worst case senario you have most of the time at least a year.. some are rated even longer. so your point is pretty much lazy mans excuse ... pick up a book and join the reading rainbow.. lol seriously its really not rocket science to put a computer togeather... an usually for a lot cheaper ... but if you dont mind throwing your money to a company like that go for it unless you order a buisness class computer it will be assembled in mexico .. i used to work for them years ago.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If he was the illiterate ape responsible for flipping the motherboards around without moving the pci express slot down sufficiently to support quadro cards, he should be sacked instead of retiring.

LOL yea and the xbox 360 has the same success as HP and we know how failure prone the xbox 360's have been. same with HP they are just number 1 because people look for the cheapest computer they can get and do not care what low quality parts are in it

yea most folks can't build there own PC's but they are better off getting one from a local computer store in there area because those stores use better parts then what the like of HP, Compaq (which is HP) and even Dell will ever use

HP and other will always have crapware and spyware on there computers. if you ever buy one of these computers you are better off formatting the thing and putting a fresh copy of the OS of your choice on it

and you must be really clueless about there warranties. i guess you never had the experience of trying to contact one of there call centers where you get someone whop can't even speak english and will just keep giving you the runaround. sorry but i rather take my computer to a local business or have all my parts with there own warranties then spend a day on hold with tech support with a company like HP

so you FAIL on every point you try to make defending a company like HP

Status
Not open for further replies.