No standby with RT.X10

Archived from groups: alt.comp.apps.adobe,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi,

My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver for
the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering standby.
Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you
may need to update this driver."

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to enable standby on my PC
without having to uninstall the RT.X10 drivers? Here are my specs:

Windows XP Pro SP1
Adobe Premiere Pro
Matrox RT.X10 video editing card
Matrox P750 video card with 2 monitors attached
Matrox Xtools 5078
Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT
2GB DDR SDRAM

I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.

Thanks,
Jack
2 answers Last reply
More about standby
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.apps.adobe,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Hi again,

    Damn Matrox. Apparently they "don't support power saving". Well done
    Matrox. You sloppy engineering has increased the world's total power
    consumption.

    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000056#000000
    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000018#000000
    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000026#000000
    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000003#000001

    It seems it might be possible to setup a new hardware profile that excludes
    the Matrox driver. Then chose on startup.

    I'll give it a go and get back to you.

    Jack

    "Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <d.kellyNOSPAM@NOSPAM.ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver
    for
    > the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering
    standby.
    > Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you
    > may need to update this driver."
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to enable standby on my PC
    > without having to uninstall the RT.X10 drivers? Here are my specs:
    >
    > Windows XP Pro SP1
    > Adobe Premiere Pro
    > Matrox RT.X10 video editing card
    > Matrox P750 video card with 2 monitors attached
    > Matrox Xtools 5078
    > Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT
    > 2GB DDR SDRAM
    >
    > I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jack

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.apps.adobe,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    I've now got two hardware profiles. Both profiles are identical except one
    has all the Matrox Video drivers disabled. I can now go into standby in
    this hardware profile.

    Does anyone have a more elegant solution?

    Many thanks,

    > Hi again,
    >
    > Damn Matrox. Apparently they "don't support power saving". Well done
    > Matrox. You sloppy engineering has increased the world's total power
    > consumption.

    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000056#000000

    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000018#000000

    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000026#000000

    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000003#000001

    > It seems it might be possible to setup a new hardware profile that
    excludes
    > the Matrox driver. Then chose on startup.
    >
    > I'll give it a go and get back to you.
    >
    > Jack
    >

    > "Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <d.kellyNOSPAM@NOSPAM.ucl.ac.uk> wrote in
    message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver
    > for
    > > the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering
    > standby.
    > > Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists,
    you
    > > may need to update this driver."
    > >
    > > Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to enable standby on my
    PC
    > > without having to uninstall the RT.X10 drivers? Here are my specs:
    > >
    > > Windows XP Pro SP1
    > > Adobe Premiere Pro
    > > Matrox RT.X10 video editing card
    > > Matrox P750 video card with 2 monitors attached
    > > Matrox Xtools 5078
    > > Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT
    > > 2GB DDR SDRAM
    > >
    > > I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Jack

Matrox Graphics