All icons changed to unknown application icons

Hi,

My workmate's home computer has developed a problem. All his icons for his
software have been replaced by the unknown application icon for some reason.
Is this due to a virus or has something simple happened? Any answers would be
appreciated.

Regards,

John Shearan
1 answer Last reply
More about icons changed unknown application icons

    It could be due to a virus or due to the removal of one.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "John Shearan" <JohnShearan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D42C5097-53FD-41FB-BF22-D07236327787@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My workmate's home computer has developed a problem. All his icons for his
    > software have been replaced by the unknown application icon for some reason.
    > Is this due to a virus or has something simple happened? Any answers would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > John Shearan

Security Microsoft Icons Windows XP