I recently had to move my old hard drive running windows xp into a new
computer because there was some issue with windows. I really wanted to be
able to save some of the info on my old hard drive because it is pictures of
my baby's first year and a half. I have some of them written to disk but not
enough....anyway, when I try to access the folder where "my pictures" were
stored I get an error message that says it is not available. Access is
denied. Does anyone know what the deal is, have I lost my pictures?? :(
Please, any help you can give me. Thanks

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"MelaniesMom" wrote:

| I recently had to move my old hard drive running windows xp into a new
| computer because there was some issue with windows. I really wanted to be
| able to save some of the info on my old hard drive because it is pictures of
| my baby's first year and a half. I have some of them written to disk but not
| enough....anyway, when I try to access the folder where "my pictures" were
| stored I get an error message that says it is not available. Access is
| denied. Does anyone know what the deal is, have I lost my pictures?? :(
| Please, any help you can give me. Thanks

See Help and Support and search for "take ownership"

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.