monitor out / video out cable on notebook video out

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I have a matrox g450 dual head video card. It comes w/a special cable
allowing one of the standard 15 pin video outs on the card to carry the
signal via either a svideo-out cable or a standard yellow RCA video out
cable.

The question is whether I can use this cable apart from the Matrox card and
its drivers. Can I simply take this cable, plug the 15 pin male end into the
15 pin video out connector of my notebook and plug the yellow video cable
into a conventional Sony TV as I can do w/this cable attached to the
secondary 15 pin out connector on the matrox card?

Note my Dell notebook itself has an "SVHS out" connector and some software
that allows configuation of external monitorss - it is from ATI.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I'm not an expert, but I don't believe you can
use the 15 pin connector from your notebook to
a tv. The S-video on your notebook is for the
tv connection. The 15 pin is for a full-size
monitor. I assume that your tv doesn't have an
s-video connection or you would use that. You
could just try it and see if it works...

"joe smith" <joe@joe.net> wrote in message news:<iinBc.66365$Hg2.24437@attbi_s04>...
> I have a matrox g450 dual head video card. It comes w/a special cable
> allowing one of the standard 15 pin video outs on the card to carry the
> signal via either a svideo-out cable or a standard yellow RCA video out
> cable.
>
> The question is whether I can use this cable apart from the Matrox card and
> its drivers. Can I simply take this cable, plug the 15 pin male end into the
> 15 pin video out connector of my notebook and plug the yellow video cable
> into a conventional Sony TV as I can do w/this cable attached to the
> secondary 15 pin out connector on the matrox card?
>
> Note my Dell notebook itself has an "SVHS out" connector and some software
> that allows configuation of external monitorss - it is from ATI.

TRENDING THREADS