Closed

not able to extract zip file completely

my friend sent me a zip file of a program. There is a .exe file in the zip
file. I tried to install the file but the sp2 blocked it. I tried to
highlight the .exe file and go to its properties to unblock it but i don't
see this option if the file is in the zip file. I tried to extract the zip
file into a folder but windows wasn't able to extract the .exe file. i also
tried to copy and paste the .exe file to another folder but nothing happen
too. I wonder how to get that .exe file from the zip file to another folder.
thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about extract file completely

    Hi Billy,

    Sounds like you just have a corrupt ZIP file. Are you using built-in
    XP zip functionality or a 3rd party ZIP tool? Some ZIP files are in
    zip-64 format and thus are not always readable by older ZIP tools. You
    might want to try a more robust freeware ZIP tool like JustZIPit or
    ZIPGenius. Here's a comparoison of freeware ZIP tools that might help:

    http://free-backup.info/free-winzip.html

    Good luck!

    Hi Billy,

    Sounds like you just have a corrupt ZIP file. Are you using built-in
    XP zip functionality or a 3rd party ZIP tool? Some ZIP files are in
    zip-64 format and thus are not always readable by older ZIP tools. You
    might want to try a more robust freeware ZIP tool like JustZIPit or
    ZIPGenius. Here's a comparoison of freeware ZIP tools that might help:

    http://free-backup.info/free-winzip.html

    Good luck!
  3. What is the date of the file as seen in the zip containment or the date that the file was zipped?

Security Microsoft Zip Windows XP