Matrox G450 vs ATI 9600

monroe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

To handle 3D requirements, I switched from a G450 to the ATI9600. Any
opinions on the quality and accuracy of the ATI vs the Matrox when
used in digital imaging applications? The G450 was excellent in this
application. Using either with a Mitsu SB2070 and Samsung N700NF.
--

Monroe

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

The G450 is several generations old, and does not really get much in the way
of drivers updates.
Where as the 9600 is several years newer and gets driver updates several
times a year.

(I still use my G400 in my old Win98SE system, but currently use a 9600 PRO
in my main)