Problem downloading AVG7

I've been running AVG7 on my PC since it came out. Prior to the upgrade, I
ran AVG6. I successfully ran AVG 6 on my dad's PC. However, I have never
been able to successfully download AVG7 on his PC. I get the following
message:
"Update Unsuccessful. Cannot initialize update interface. Installation of
AVG Free Edition is probably damaged. Please Reinstall"
I have completely removed AVG and re-run the download six times with the
same results. This past weekend I did a lot of clean up and in addition to
running Adaware and deleting temp files etc., I ran Disk Clean Up and
Defrag. The results on the download were the same. AVG does download but the
icon stays black, I cannot do updates and I get the message the download is
damaged. I have two questions:

1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to the problem?
1) I downloaded ClamWin as an alternative. This doesn't have nearly as high
a rating on CNET. Does anyone have an opinion on it?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about problem downloading avg7

    Try downloading it on your pc and burn to disk. Then try installing of cd..

    "Lisa" wrote:

    > I've been running AVG7 on my PC since it came out. Prior to the upgrade, I
    > ran AVG6. I successfully ran AVG 6 on my dad's PC. However, I have never
    > been able to successfully download AVG7 on his PC. I get the following
    > message:
    > "Update Unsuccessful. Cannot initialize update interface. Installation of
    > AVG Free Edition is probably damaged. Please Reinstall"
    > I have completely removed AVG and re-run the download six times with the
    > same results. This past weekend I did a lot of clean up and in addition to
    > running Adaware and deleting temp files etc., I ran Disk Clean Up and
    > Defrag. The results on the download were the same. AVG does download but the
    > icon stays black, I cannot do updates and I get the message the download is
    > damaged. I have two questions:
    >
    > 1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to the problem?
    > 1) I downloaded ClamWin as an alternative. This doesn't have nearly as high
    > a rating on CNET. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Ok I will. Could you tell me how to do autorun? Thanks!

    "Skeet" <laramie@fsbnh.com> wrote in message
    > Try downloading it on your pc and burn to disk. Then try installing of
    > cd..
    >
    > "Lisa" wrote:
    >
    >> I've been running AVG7 on my PC since it came out. Prior to the upgrade,
    >> ran AVG6. I successfully ran AVG 6 on my dad's PC. However, I have never
    >> been able to successfully download AVG7 on his PC. I get the following
    >> message:
    >> "Update Unsuccessful. Cannot initialize update interface. Installation of
    >> AVG Free Edition is probably damaged. Please Reinstall"
    >> I have completely removed AVG and re-run the download six times with the
    >> same results. This past weekend I did a lot of clean up and in addition
    >> running Adaware and deleting temp files etc., I ran Disk Clean Up and
    >> Defrag. The results on the download were the same. AVG does download but
    >> the
    >> icon stays black, I cannot do updates and I get the message the download
    >> is
    >> damaged. I have two questions:
    >>
    >> 1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to the problem?
    >> 1) I downloaded ClamWin as an alternative. This doesn't have nearly as
    >> high
    >> a rating on CNET. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

Download Security Microsoft Windows XP