MMC vs SD memory

Malcolm

Hi Folks,

What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
these?

Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"

Later,
Malcolm

Ace

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
>these?
>

>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
>Later,
>Malcolm

SD is more popular.

Malcolm wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
> advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
> these?
>

> Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
> Later,
> Malcolm

Physically the same; the only difference between Secure Digital cards
and MultiMedia Cards is that Secure Digital cards have a write-protect
switch for added data security.

SanDisk told me that SD is faster than MMC, and so did Simpletech.
Richard

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:20:02 -0400, "ICee" <icee@thelight.invalid>
wrote:

>Physically the same; the only difference between Secure Digital cards
>and MultiMedia Cards is that Secure Digital cards have a write-protect
>switch for added data security.

SD card also have 2 extra pins for secure data feature. It's also
thicker.

Just about all devices that has SD slot can have MMC card but all
devices with MMC slot can't have SD card.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Newer is almost always faster.

wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
>these?
>

>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
>Later,
>Malcolm

Differences:
MMC is a free implementation, SD is under royalties (license fee to
pay for)
SD is bigger
SD is faster
SD has hw write protection feature (2 pins more)

It is not always true that a device supports both standard for older
equipments.

RobbiOne

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:13:13 +0200, RobbiOne <freerobbione@fastwebnet.it>
wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
>>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
>>these?
>>

>>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>>
>>Later,
>>Malcolm
>
>Differences:
>MMC is a free implementation, SD is under royalties (license fee to
>pay for)
>SD is bigger
>SD is faster
>SD has hw write protection feature (2 pins more)
>
>It is not always true that a device supports both standard for older
>equipments.
>
>RobbiOne

SD is 0.7 mm thicker...