Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MMC vs SD memory

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 19, 2004 6:20:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Hi Folks,

What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
these?



Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"

Later,
Malcolm

More about : mmc memory

June 19, 2004 6:20:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
>these?
>
>
>
>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
>Later,
>Malcolm

SD is more popular.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 19, 2004 6:20:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Malcolm wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
> advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
> these?
>
>
>
> Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
> Later,
> Malcolm

Physically the same; the only difference between Secure Digital cards
and MultiMedia Cards is that Secure Digital cards have a write-protect
switch for added data security.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 19, 2004 6:20:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

SanDisk told me that SD is faster than MMC, and so did Simpletech.
Richard
"Malcolm" <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:tk87d0567g71h81gj36v9jqr60ec685m01@4ax.com...
> Hi Folks,
>
> What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
> advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
> these?
>
>
>
> Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
> Later,
> Malcolm
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 19, 2004 10:43:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:20:02 -0400, "ICee" <icee@thelight.invalid>
wrote:

>Physically the same; the only difference between Secure Digital cards
>and MultiMedia Cards is that Secure Digital cards have a write-protect
>switch for added data security.

SD card also have 2 extra pins for secure data feature. It's also
thicker.

Just about all devices that has SD slot can have MMC card but all
devices with MMC slot can't have SD card.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Anonymous
a b } Memory
October 16, 2004 10:16:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Newer is almost always faster.

"marlinspike" <marlinspike@erols.com.nospam> wrote in message
news:40d3b779$0$2985$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> SanDisk told me that SD is faster than MMC, and so did Simpletech.
> Richard
> "Malcolm" <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:tk87d0567g71h81gj36v9jqr60ec685m01@4ax.com...
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
> > advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
> > these?
> >
> >
> >
> > Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
> >
> > Later,
> > Malcolm
>
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
October 17, 2004 2:13:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
>these?
>
>
>
>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>
>Later,
>Malcolm

Differences:
MMC is a free implementation, SD is under royalties (license fee to
pay for)
SD is bigger
SD is faster
SD has hw write protection feature (2 pins more)

It is not always true that a device supports both standard for older
equipments.

RobbiOne
Anonymous
a b } Memory
October 17, 2004 3:39:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:13:13 +0200, RobbiOne <freerobbione@fastwebnet.it>
wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
>>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
>>these?
>>
>>
>>
>>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
>>
>>Later,
>>Malcolm
>
>Differences:
>MMC is a free implementation, SD is under royalties (license fee to
>pay for)
>SD is bigger
>SD is faster
>SD has hw write protection feature (2 pins more)
>
>It is not always true that a device supports both standard for older
>equipments.
>
>RobbiOne


SD is 0.7 mm thicker...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
!