MMC vs SD memory

Hi Folks,

What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
these?

Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"

Later,
Malcolm
7 answers Last reply
More about memory

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
    >advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
    >these?
    >

    >Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
    >
    >Later,
    >Malcolm

    SD is more popular.

    Malcolm wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
    > advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
    > these?
    >

    > Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
    >
    > Later,
    > Malcolm

    Physically the same; the only difference between Secure Digital cards
    and MultiMedia Cards is that Secure Digital cards have a write-protect
    switch for added data security.

    SanDisk told me that SD is faster than MMC, and so did Simpletech.
    Richard

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:20:02 -0400, "ICee" <icee@thelight.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Physically the same; the only difference between Secure Digital cards
    >and MultiMedia Cards is that Secure Digital cards have a write-protect
    >switch for added data security.

    SD card also have 2 extra pins for secure data feature. It's also
    thicker.

    Just about all devices that has SD slot can have MMC card but all
    devices with MMC slot can't have SD card.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Newer is almost always faster.

    "marlinspike" <marlinspike@erols.com.nospam> wrote in message
    > SanDisk told me that SD is faster than MMC, and so did Simpletech.
    > Richard
    > "Malcolm" <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Folks,
    > >
    > > What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
    > > advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
    > > these?
    > >

    > > Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
    > >
    > > Later,
    > > Malcolm

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
    >advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
    >these?
    >

    >Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
    >
    >Later,
    >Malcolm

    Differences:
    MMC is a free implementation, SD is under royalties (license fee to
    pay for)
    SD is bigger
    SD is faster
    SD has hw write protection feature (2 pins more)

    It is not always true that a device supports both standard for older
    equipments.

    RobbiOne
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:13:13 +0200, RobbiOne <freerobbione@fastwebnet.it>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:20:33 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@NOTyahoo.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Folks,
    >>
    >>What is the difference between these two types of memory? Any
    >>advantages or disadvantages of each? Do you need any adapters for
    >>these?
    >>

    >>Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email"
    >>
    >>Later,
    >>Malcolm
    >
    >Differences:
    >MMC is a free implementation, SD is under royalties (license fee to
    >pay for)
    >SD is bigger
    >SD is faster
    >SD has hw write protection feature (2 pins more)
    >
    >It is not always true that a device supports both standard for older
    >equipments.
    >
    >RobbiOne

    SD is 0.7 mm thicker...

Cameras Email Memory Peripherals