Downloaded .chm opens but won't display content pane

Hi All,

I downloaded WindowsController from
http://www.mentalis.org/soft/class.qpx?id=7 and unzipped the download into
three files, one of them "Org.Mentalis.Files.WindowsController.chm".

When I double-click the .chm filename in Windows Explorer, a normal help
window opens with the usual tabs on the left pane. The Contents tab
displays a hierarchy of folders and items. But the right pane invariably
displays:

"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
browser settings.
"

I'm running WinXP-Pro/SP2 with current updates from Windows Update. My
account is a member of Administrators.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Richard
1 answer Last reply
More about downloaded opens display content pane

    In news:OIrJz5zsFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Richard Lionheart <NoOne@Nowhere.net> had this to say:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I downloaded WindowsController from
    > http://www.mentalis.org/soft/class.qpx?id=7 and unzipped the download
    > into three files, one of them
    > "Org.Mentalis.Files.WindowsController.chm".
    > When I double-click the .chm filename in Windows Explorer, a normal
    > help window opens with the usual tabs on the left pane. The Contents
    > tab displays a hierarchy of folders and items. But the right pane
    > invariably displays:
    >
    > "The page cannot be displayed
    > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web
    > site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
    > adjust your browser settings.
    > "
    >
    > I'm running WinXP-Pro/SP2 with current updates from Windows Update. My
    > account is a member of Administrators.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Richard

    Does this help?

    You cannot open HTML Help files from Internet Explorer after you ... :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902225/

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Windows XP