XP HOme and connecting to a domain network

Al

Can I connect my XP Home computer to a network domain at my office?

If so can you guide me through that process.

Thanks

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can I connect my XP Home computer to a network domain at my office?
>
>If so can you guide me through that process.
>
>Thanks

XP Home cannot log into a network domain.

It can, however, access shared resources from the network domain.in
the same way as you would on a peer-to-peer network.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Only Windows XP Professional is designed to join a domain.
You'll need to upgrade your existing Windows XP Home Edition
to Windows XP Professional.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Al" wrote:

| Can I connect my XP Home computer to a network domain at my office?
|
| If so can you guide me through that process.
|
| Thanks

Al

Thanks to you both. I'll try the peer to peer connection.