matrox g400 tv getting stranger

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Loaded a small video out of the didgital camera last night and the video
card captured the TV perfectly for the first time since setting up with
XP!!!! but it still won't grab the TV with any better quality video.
?????????????
Why doesn't it want to grab the display for larger file, quality
video?????????
Any ideas please.
Glen
2 answers Last reply
More about matrox g400 stranger
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    >Loaded a small video out of the didgital camera last night and the video
    >card captured the TV perfectly for the first time since setting up with
    >XP!!!! but it still won't grab the TV with any better quality video.

    have you run the Matrox Hard Drive Benchmark software? That (certainly used to,
    but not sure about XP as i dont use it) will set up the maximum resolutions /
    quality available for the capture

    also - do you have to enable DMA for your Hard Drives on XP?

    simon
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    That's a good point about benchmark. This new computer is supposed to be
    some supper quick maxtor 120Gb serial ata 8mb cache thing and it benchmarks
    at 9.8Mb/sec. That's less than half the speed of my old system. And I'm
    pretty sure - too slow for good video.
    I'm waiting for the tech to come back so I can get him to check it.
    Cheers

    "SIMONFB" <simonfb@aol.comatose> wrote in message
    > >Loaded a small video out of the didgital camera last night and the video
    > >card captured the TV perfectly for the first time since setting up with
    > >XP!!!! but it still won't grab the TV with any better quality video.
    >
    > have you run the Matrox Hard Drive Benchmark software? That (certainly
    used to,
    > but not sure about XP as i dont use it) will set up the maximum
    resolutions /
    > quality available for the capture
    >
    > also - do you have to enable DMA for your Hard Drives on XP?
    >
    > simon

Matrox TV Video Graphics