Security Center - missing options

I am having a problem with Security Center. There are suddenly no options
listed under the "Manage security settings for:" heading, just blank space,
so I have no way to edit my Firewall, Antivirus or Windows Update settings
from the Center. I opened services.msc and it shows the service started
automatically. Has anyone heard of this happening, and what is the fix?
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about security center missing options

    Found the answer in another post. Thanks Torgeir! The link to fix it is:

    Restore missing icons to the Windows Security Center
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/seccentericons.htm

    "C Weber" wrote:

    > I am having a problem with Security Center. There are suddenly no options
    > listed under the "Manage security settings for:" heading, just blank space,
    > so I have no way to edit my Firewall, Antivirus or Windows Update settings
    > from the Center. I opened services.msc and it shows the service started
    > automatically. Has anyone heard of this happening, and what is the fix?
    > Thanks.

Security Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP