Security Center - missing options

a b 8 Security
September 7, 2005 6:24:08 PM

I am having a problem with Security Center. There are suddenly no options
listed under the "Manage security settings for:" heading, just blank space,
so I have no way to edit my Firewall, Antivirus or Windows Update settings
from the Center. I opened services.msc and it shows the service started
automatically. Has anyone heard of this happening, and what is the fix?
Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 7, 2005 6:40:03 PM

Found the answer in another post. Thanks Torgeir! The link to fix it is:

Restore missing icons to the Windows Security Center
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/seccentericons.htm

!