Win XP Using administrator account at welcome signon screen

Tags:
  • Windows XP
September 8, 2005 1:07:02 PM

I need to find out how to use the administrator account with the computer
that is setup to use welcome screen. It only gives the icon on the created
users not administrator account? I know I can uncheck the option for welcome
screen and type the admin profile like windows 2000 does. Do I need to
uncheck the option for welcome screen to use administrator account in windows
xp?? Please help

Thank you
Ryan Gilmore

More about : win administrator account signon screen

September 8, 2005 3:32:07 PM

RYAN INFOCON wrote:

> I need to find out how to use the administrator account with the
> computer
> that is setup to use welcome screen. It only gives the icon on the
> created
> users not administrator account? I know I can uncheck the option for
> welcome
> screen and type the admin profile like windows 2000 does. Do I need
> to uncheck the option for welcome screen to use administrator account
> in windows
> xp?? Please help
>
> Thank you
> Ryan Gilmore

Do you have XP Home? If yes, boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping
the F8 key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the
right menu. Once in Safe Mode, you will be able to log into the
normally hidden Administrator account. If you have XP Pro, doing
Ctrl-Alt-Del twice will get you the classic logon box where you can
type in Administrator and the password.

If you want to add the Administrator account to the Welcome Screen, use
this utility by MVP Doug Knox:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

Malke
--