Win XP Using administrator account at welcome signon screen

I need to find out how to use the administrator account with the computer
that is setup to use welcome screen. It only gives the icon on the created
users not administrator account? I know I can uncheck the option for welcome
screen and type the admin profile like windows 2000 does. Do I need to
uncheck the option for welcome screen to use administrator account in windows
xp?? Please help

Thank you
Ryan Gilmore
1 answer Last reply
More about administrator account signon screen

    RYAN INFOCON wrote:

    > I need to find out how to use the administrator account with the
    > computer
    > that is setup to use welcome screen. It only gives the icon on the
    > created
    > users not administrator account? I know I can uncheck the option for
    > welcome
    > screen and type the admin profile like windows 2000 does. Do I need
    > to uncheck the option for welcome screen to use administrator account
    > in windows
    > xp?? Please help
    >
    > Thank you
    > Ryan Gilmore

    Do you have XP Home? If yes, boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping
    the F8 key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the
    right menu. Once in Safe Mode, you will be able to log into the
    normally hidden Administrator account. If you have XP Pro, doing
    Ctrl-Alt-Del twice will get you the classic logon box where you can
    type in Administrator and the password.

    If you want to add the Administrator account to the Welcome Screen, use
    this utility by MVP Doug Knox:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

    Malke
    --