P750 AGP fast write ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Why can I not make my P750 work with "AGP Fast write"?
Doesnt the card support it ?
Enabling this function in Bios doesn´t make any effect in SISoft Sandra´s
report.

Sten

"Sten" wrote in message...
> Why can I not make my P750 work with "AGP Fast write"?
> Doesnt the card support it ?

The card supports it, but it's deliberately disabled in the drivers. The
Matrox tech support team found a while back that there was a conflict
between the Macromedia Flash (IIRC) browser plug-in and the Parhelia which
could be cured by disabling fast write. As they reckoned there was no
performance penalty involved in disabling it, that's what they did.

> Enabling this function in Bios doesn´t make any effect in SISoft
> Sandra´s report.

As mentioned it's disabled at driver level. You can re-enable it using
PowerStrip, but if you do you're likely to find that Matrox were right and,
at best, you might see one or two extra 3DMark points out of it.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Thank you Richard !
I´m in a period of tuning my system, but this (supposed) tweak doesn´t seem
meaningful then!
I must admit that I don´t really know what "AGP fast write" does or under
which circumstances it would be an advantage?

Sten