Cannot start security centre

I am trying to restart the security centre.
right clicking the my computer icon and selecting manage then navigating to
the security centre properties. I have selected automatic start up type and
clicked apply. If then I click the start button to activate the security
centre i get the following message:
"Could not start the Security Centre on Local Computer.
Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start"

Anyone out there know what is going on please?
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot start security centre

    David,

    Type in Start, Run

    cmd /k sc qc wscsvc

    Copy the output and post the information here. The output should exactly be
    as listed below.

    [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

    SERVICE_NAME: wscsvc
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    START_TYPE : 3 DEMAND_START
    ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
    LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    TAG : 0
    DISPLAY_NAME : Security Center
    DEPENDENCIES : RpcSs
    : winmgmt
    SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    >I am trying to restart the security centre.
    > right clicking the my computer icon and selecting manage then navigating
    > the security centre properties. I have selected automatic start up type
    > and
    > clicked apply. If then I click the start button to activate the security
    > centre i get the following message:
    > "Could not start the Security Centre on Local Computer.
    > Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start"
    >
    > Anyone out there know what is going on please?

Security Computers Microsoft Windows XP