losing driver at boot G450

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hello,

I recently installed a newer hard disk and cloned the old one onto the new
one-keeping the old one onboard as a backup. Almost everything seems to
work OK although I had to shuffle around drive letters in XP.
The problem I have is that my video card is recognised but no driver is
loaded for it at boot up- OK, so I installed the driver again, but each time
I reboot it doesn't find? the driver, it puts a yellow error mark against
the card in system panel. Something must have happened in the hard disk
switch but I can't see what.
I have the following:

completely erased the drivers and references to them in system32
reinstalled the latest windows-certified ones
tried the matrox forum (it's down for the moment)

Here is my system:

XP Pro
PIV 2.1 mhz
Millenium G450 DualHead
1 GB Samsung ram

TIA for any help

Armando

"Armando Vezza" <a.vezza@free.fr> wrote in message

> I recently installed a newer hard disk and cloned the old one onto the new
> one-keeping the old one onboard as a backup. Almost everything seems to
> work OK although I had to shuffle around drive letters in XP.
> The problem I have is that my video card is recognised but no driver is
> loaded for it at boot up- OK, so I installed the driver again, but each
> time
> I reboot it doesn't find? the driver, it puts a yellow error mark against
> the card in system panel. Something must have happened in the hard disk
> switch but I can't see what.
> I have the following:
>
> completely erased the drivers and references to them in system32
> reinstalled the latest windows-certified ones
> tried the matrox forum (it's down for the moment)

I've done this more than once with Norton Ghost, and I haven't had the
problems with drive letters or the video driver, but I'm using the older
5.86 driver, which is very stable here on two systems.

I would try uninstalling the card and drivers, then reboot and update
everything again as the system recognizes the new hardware.