DVD authoring stopped working after SP2

Archived from groups: alt.comp.apps.adobe,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.multimedia.mpeg,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi there,

Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer encode
DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone else
had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!

Here are some more details:

THE PROBLEM
The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never had
this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs using both
Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder. Adobe's Media
Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC. Matrox's Media Encoder
reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful error message ever).

The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c
(I used to use 9.0b)

Any thoughts?

Here are my specs:
- MS Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
- DirectX 9.0c
- Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0
- Matrox RT.X10 with latest drivers
- Matrox P750 graphics card with latest BIOS and Drivers
- Intel D875PBZ motherboard with latest BIOS
- 2Gbytes DDR400 SDRAM

Many thanks in advance,
Jack

Jack,

Problems relating to the encoding to MPEG2 using Adobe Media Encoder on PCs
that have just had SP2 installed, are common and have been addressed in the
Adobe Forums. One solution, e.g. for those receiving the error message:
"Adobe Premiere Pro failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the
operation..", is to rename Premiere's actual executable file from "Adobe
Premiere Pro.exe" to, e.g. "Premiere Pro.exe". The renaming obviously
refreshes some cache/registry info.

4COL

"Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <d.kellyNOSPAM@NOSPAM.ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer encode
> DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone
> else had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!
>
> Here are some more details:
>
> THE PROBLEM
> The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
> several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never
> had this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs
> using both Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder.
> Adobe's Media Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC.
> Matrox's Media Encoder reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful
> error message ever).
>
> The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c
> (I used to use 9.0b)
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Here are my specs:
> - MS Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
> - DirectX 9.0c
> - Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0
> - Matrox RT.X10 with latest drivers
> - Matrox P750 graphics card with latest BIOS and Drivers
> - Intel D875PBZ motherboard with latest BIOS
> - 2Gbytes DDR400 SDRAM
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Jack

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.apps.adobe,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.multimedia.mpeg,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)" <d.kellyNOSPAM@NOSPAM.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer encode
>DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone else
>had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!
>
>Here are some more details:
>
>THE PROBLEM
>The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
>several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never had
>this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs using both
>Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder. Adobe's Media
>Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC. Matrox's Media Encoder
>reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful error message ever).
>
>The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c
>(I used to use 9.0b)
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Here are my specs:
>- MS Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
>- DirectX 9.0c
>- Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0
>- Matrox RT.X10 with latest drivers
>- Matrox P750 graphics card with latest BIOS and Drivers
>- Intel D875PBZ motherboard with latest BIOS
>- 2Gbytes DDR400 SDRAM
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>Jack

I'm told that some programs need to be updated after you have
installed SP2. A friend of mine found that his Nero software had to
be updated after he installed the SP2 upgrade.
Have a look on the internet for an upgrade for any software not
working.

Regards Brian

Archived from groups: alt.comp.apps.adobe,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.multimedia.mpeg,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked... and there are no updates.

Thanks,
Jack

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> "Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)" <d.kellyNOSPAM@NOSPAM.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer encode
>>DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone
>>else
>>had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!
>>
>>Here are some more details:
>>
>>THE PROBLEM
>>The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
>>several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never
>>had
>>this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs using
>>both
>>Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder. Adobe's Media
>>Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC. Matrox's Media
>>Encoder
>>reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful error message ever).
>>
>>The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c
>>(I used to use 9.0b)
>>
>>Any thoughts?
>>
>>Here are my specs:
>>- MS Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
>>- DirectX 9.0c
>>- Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0
>>- Matrox RT.X10 with latest drivers
>>- Matrox P750 graphics card with latest BIOS and Drivers
>>- Intel D875PBZ motherboard with latest BIOS
>>- 2Gbytes DDR400 SDRAM
>>
>>Many thanks in advance,
>>Jack
>>
> I'm told that some programs need to be updated after you have
> installed SP2. A friend of mine found that his Nero software had to
> be updated after he installed the SP2 upgrade.
> Have a look on the internet for an upgrade for any software not
> working.
>
> Regards Brian

Great, thanks - I'll give that a go.

Jack

"4CryingOutLoud" <4cryingoutloud@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> [...]

| DVD-videos. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and a Matrox RT.X10. Has anyone
else
| had this problem? Even better, have you found a solution?!
|
| Here are some more details:
|
| THE PROBLEM
| The video encoding fails at random places during the video. I've tried
| several different source videos and all have the same problems. I never
had
| this problem before installing SP2. I've tried encoding the DVDs using
both
| Adobe's DVD Authoring Program and Matrox's Media Encoder. Adobe's Media
| Encoder just crashes and I need to re-start the PC. Matrox's Media
Encoder
| reports "unknown error" (possibly the least helpful error message ever).
|
| The problem could also have been caused by my installation of DirectX 9.0c

I had similar problems, and found some notes in forums that DVIX codecs had
issues with the combo SP2.
I uninstalled DVIX and had no problem since.

JaF