Linksys & XP Networking nightmare

I have 4 computers w/xp home, a linksys wrt54g router,2 wmp54g pci adapter cards,1 wpc54g adapter card and 1wga11b game adapter. I have been able to get the adapeters to work on one desktop and the laptop(ie they are able to access the internet and each other) the other systems(with the exception of the game adapter) can get a linksys signal but that is it. They can't access the internet or the host computer. For the past 2 weeks I have tried everything that the manuals have said to do but I just seem to keep missing something. Could someone tell me if there is a magic word I must use with the WinXP to make it work. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Lorrie
2 answers Last reply
More about linksys networking nightmare

    Do you have DCHP enabled, auto configuration enabled. SSID broadcast enabled. Have you entered the network name etc?

    "crabnonetyet" wrote:

    > I have 4 computers w/xp home, a linksys wrt54g router,2 wmp54g pci adapter cards,1 wpc54g adapter card and 1wga11b game adapter. I have been able to get the adapeters to work on one desktop and the laptop(ie they are able to access the internet and each other) the other systems(with the exception of the game adapter) can get a linksys signal but that is it. They can't access the internet or the host computer. For the past 2 weeks I have tried everything that the manuals have said to do but I just seem to keep missing something. Could someone tell me if there is a magic word I must use with the WinXP to make it work. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Lorrie

    Hi.

    I doubt that this is a Windows (or any other Windows OS) problem.

    Either you are not setting correctly the hardware or the Hardware need to be
    RMA.

    May be this can Help:

    Basic Wireless Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    Basic Wireless Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "crabnonetyet" <crabnonetyet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 4 computers w/xp home, a linksys wrt54g router,2 wmp54g pci adapter
    cards,1 wpc54g adapter card and 1wga11b game adapter. I have been able to
    get the adapeters to work on one desktop and the laptop(ie they are able to
    access the internet and each other) the other systems(with the exception of
    the game adapter) can get a linksys signal but that is it. They can't access
    the internet or the host computer. For the past 2 weeks I have tried
    everything that the manuals have said to do but I just seem to keep missing
    something. Could someone tell me if there is a magic word I must use with
    the WinXP to make it work. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Lorrie

Linksys Networking Windows XP Wireless Networking