  • Windows XP
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 27, 2004 12:58:06 AM

I have 4 computers w/xp home, a linksys wrt54g router,2 wmp54g pci adapter cards,1 wpc54g adapter card and 1wga11b game adapter. I have been able to get the adapeters to work on one desktop and the laptop(ie they are able to access the internet and each other) the other systems(with the exception of the game adapter) can get a linksys signal but that is it. They can't access the internet or the host computer. For the past 2 weeks I have tried everything that the manuals have said to do but I just seem to keep missing something. Could someone tell me if there is a magic word I must use with the WinXP to make it work. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Lorrie

More about : linksys networking nightmare

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 1:26:09 PM

Do you have DCHP enabled, auto configuration enabled. SSID broadcast enabled. Have you entered the network name etc?

"crabnonetyet" wrote:

> I have 4 computers w/xp home, a linksys wrt54g router,2 wmp54g pci adapter cards,1 wpc54g adapter card and 1wga11b game adapter. I have been able to get the adapeters to work on one desktop and the laptop(ie they are able to access the internet and each other) the other systems(with the exception of the game adapter) can get a linksys signal but that is it. They can't access the internet or the host computer. For the past 2 weeks I have tried everything that the manuals have said to do but I just seem to keep missing something. Could someone tell me if there is a magic word I must use with the WinXP to make it work. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Lorrie
July 28, 2004 12:48:10 AM

Hi.

I doubt that this is a Windows (or any other Windows OS) problem.

Either you are not setting correctly the hardware or the Hardware need to be
RMA.

May be this can Help:

Basic Wireless Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

Basic Wireless Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html